• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projecting chordpro lyrics through HDMI temporary workaround
I understand that outputting just the lyrics over HDMI is a lot of programming overlay work and is currently not high on the MSP priority list so I figured out a temporary way to make it look decent. You can't hide the chords and comments on the projector without hiding it on your laptop but this way works well enough for me. (I figured this out after I acquired an iPad with OnSong and discovered what a headache it is to migrate to. I'm ignoring it for now because I still like MSP more!)

On Chromebook:

1. Mirror your screen over HDMI.
2. In a song, go to "Text Display Settings" and increase the "Lyric Size" and "Chorus Size" to your liking (mine is at maximum, 60).
3. Keep other elements small (my chord size is 25)
4. Go to Chord Color and reduce opacity to about 40%. This dims the chords so they are less distracting.
5. Go to "APPLY TO..." and select to apply to "All files in library" or whatever works for you. (When you're finished projecting and want to go back to normal size repeat this step).
5. To make a cleaner screen by separating sections, learn to use the "New Page" directive {np}. (I use this to separate the title and personal comments from Verse 1)
6. To imitate blanking/blacking out the projector screen, you can force the HDMI output to switch from MSP to the desktop (disable your desktop image so its black or whatever you want) by pressing Ctrl + (maximize key - square icon with two triangles inside). Press it again to restore MSP. The drawback is that the desktop still shows the taskbar.
7. To stop certain lines from showing but to keep them in the chordpro file, comment them out with # in front.

I hope this helps for those who want to sing with others in small gatherings and don't need super professional output!

Messages In This Thread
Projecting chordpro lyrics through HDMI temporary workaround - by praisetheone - 01-25-2022, 04:06 PM