• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF links do not work as expected in two-page view
Thank you, Mike, for your fast reply,

I tried your suggestion. The "Alternate Pages" mode works fine with PDF links and keeps odd pages on the right. However, it is not a practical solution. In fact, in this mode, you lose the natural page-turning as it occurs when reading a printed book.

In my view, the problem is that the "Two Pages" mode does not enforce a real page-turning (as in a printed book) as it allows odd pages on the left. Many music scores require a two-page view with odd pages always on the right. For example, a piano duet must strictly preserve the page order: the "primo" page on the left and the "secondo" page on the right.

Therefore, I propose to add a new "Book Pages" mode similar to the "Two Pages" that provides a strict page-turning as in a printed book, i.e., the right page is always odd and always follows the left page.

For example, the Adobe Acrobat app has two similar settings ("Two Pages" and "Two Pages With Cover Page") that preserve the printed page order and allow to deal with books with an additional cover page shown as a single page.

Lorenzo

Messages In This Thread
RE: PDF links do not work as expected in two-page view - by Lorenzo - 02-13-2022, 05:53 PM