• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"PageOrder" info is lost
Sometimes the (correct) "PageOrder" info is replaced unexpectedly by the full range of pages in the book. This might even happen on stage, in that case it can be very annoying.
The Albums tab shows correct PageOrder info

When I open the song editor a message pops up saying something like "changes are applied", but it disappears  too quickly to read it or to take a screenshot. In the the song editor both the preview and the shown PageOrder still seem to be correct.

Opening a song (without calling the song editor before) shows the same effect: it shows the first page of the book instead of the correct song. This is the case that is very confusing if it happens on stage!

Replacing the file with "Swap File" doesn't help.
Windows Explorer shows that the file had not been changed for a long time.

I manage the files myself. Song files are synchronized between Win10 devices by GoogleDrive, synchronized from GoogleDrive to Android devices via FolderSync Pro or copied manually. My main MSP database is on a Win10 device and copied manually to other Win10 or Android devices.
A possible cause could be that MSP's file change detection is mislead. Copying something to an Android device sets the file's timestamp to current date and time even if the file is unchanged. Thus the time stamp of a file is not a reliable information any more if the file was changed or not.
Anyway, even if a fakebook PDF has really been changed, destroying the PageOrder info as it happens here is the wrong way to go.
My workflow worked fine for a long time. The issue came up a wile ago.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
"PageOrder" info is lost - by itsme - 05-27-2022, 09:58 PM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by itsme - 05-27-2022, 10:41 PM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by Zubersoft - 05-28-2022, 10:06 AM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by itsme - 05-28-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by Zubersoft - 05-29-2022, 03:35 AM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by itsme - 05-31-2022, 10:02 PM
RE: "PageOrder" info is lost - by Zubersoft - 06-01-2022, 03:08 AM