• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB MIDI device not available from time to time
I'm sorry to hear you've been running into those issues. I'm using Microsoft's MIDI library for UWP applications which is the only MIDI library Microsoft supports/allows for UWP applications. It's a black box when it comes to how devices are detected or connected to, so there is no way for me to know if it's encountering a problem related to what you have described. My plan is to switch from a UWP application back to a desktop application somewhat soon (maybe later this year), which would give me the ability to use other MIDI libraries that will work more reliably, although it may result in more difficulties when it comes to supporting MIDI or bluetooth or virtual MIDI ports. MIDI over USB will certainly be better supported though.

So I don't really have many options for resolving the issue you are facing at the moment. The last time I contacted Microsoft for help with MIDI issues, they basically ignored me and never gave me any help. So the only fix may be for me to switch away from UWP, use a different MIDI library and hope that the new library works better for you.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB MIDI device not available from time to time - by Zubersoft - 07-09-2022, 03:58 AM