• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Issues problems.
Ok just an update to this, I am still working on this and I have not given up. By the way Mike your awesome you really put in a lot of cool stuff in this app. I admit, I got it to just scroll music on stage and keep my head straight but there is so much more I am uncovering every time I use this app and dig in further. BTW How's the Ipad version coming? Several bandmates use Ipad. So I was telling them a practice this week about the master tablet turning pages for everyone and then syncing over network. Yeah, I been reading the manual. Which, I run the PA as well, we use a Behringer X32 Rack mount. Which in the rack we also have a wifi unit set up because each member of the band can adjust their own mix on in ears remotely via wifi. Well we already have wifi up and running and it goes on the road with us. We all controlled out own stuff because we didn't know you could do this plus some use mac some use android. Now I know we can do this, we are all kind of looking at using your app for everything. I mean seriously there are some extremely cool features. I need to go give Mobilesheets some raving review on play store here. I will too. Promise the deeper I dig the more impressed I am.

Anyway, documenting my progress so far so in case anyone else needs this or runs into these issues are there are various issues I have found, fixed, etc. Mike please feel free to use any screenshots or anything contained here. 

Ok the whole midi just repeating over and over and over. Once I show you, your going to say oh duh, cause once I figured it out I was like Oh Duh. This was cause by a setting in Mobilesheets, kind of. Ok so the Airstep is a foot switcher but also a hub for the midi signal, basically it is the center. So my Kemper needs to get midi signal to the tablet when it changes songs, the tablet needs to get its midi signal to the kemper, both of them send and receive, and both are endpoints. The other device is the Boss VE-500 which only receives midi, it can not send. So the footswitch is set to send every single it receives on to every device connected. Well in mobilesheets it is set that way too by default. So Mike I will let you think about that one. Midi Echo. So basically the footswitch, sends the midi signal to the tablet, Mobilesheets sees it says ok let me send it back out. Footswitch gets it, Ok let me send it back out. and hence the never ending loop. Anyway you may have a very good reason for having that on by default. I personally couldn't come up with one but as a programmer myself for a living I get people often use apps in ways you never intended. Also turning it off like in a patch on people that have things up and running might break stuff. So just something you should be aware of maybe an update in the docs or warning message. I would love to know why it is on by default if you have a specific reason. Just cause I couldn't come up with one there is I am guessing. Anyway turning this off since Mobilesheets is an endpoint in my chain makes sense and solved that problem. 

[Image: kloOLum.jpg]

Ok for anyone else as I am not sure if this is correct or of this is a best practice. This may change as I progress. This is how I set things up. 

So the Airstep is a 5 button footswitch. You could do this with anything. I wanted to use it for a few functions. Here is what I set up and my logic, I used Midi Signal Control Change for everything because Why Not makes sense to me to treat Mobilesheets in Midi like a controller. Please correct me if I am wrong, I then am using the Controller number of 127. Why because I know there are a lot of reserved numbers lower and I may run into that later in life. Then I just send a value. I increment by 10, call it the old programmers in me. gives me room in the middle for changing things or adding things.  My Buttons are set as follows:

Button 1 - Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 10  - Previous Song
Button 2 - Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 20  - Next Song
Button 3 - Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 30  - Beginning of Song
Button 3 - Long Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 60  - End Of Song 
Button 4 - Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 40  - Previous Page
Button 5 - Press - CC Number 127 - CC Value 50  - Next Page

Here is Screenshot of Mobilesheets and how the functions are set up in there. 
[Image: 1PxeeAT.jpg]

Here is a Screen shot of the Main Airstep page and how I have this set up and working. The red square shows the pass through options I mentioned earlier. 
[Image: WdQRzgz.jpg]

This is how I have button 3 set up, this one has the long press as well as normal press. Basically if anyone looking can see a double action button. The other buttons just don't have the long press. Another flaw with the Airstep here is press is like Mouse down, it just happens when the button is pressed, long press is determined later so when you are going for a long press it will first go to the beginning of the song. Then once it sees there is a long press it goes to the end. Not really an issue. Just a little quirk
[Image: nqZUtD9.jpg]

Then I creates a short little video so you can see the clicking action. 

Mike, watch the video and the beginning where it wants to pair. Which I do. I mentioned I need to pair. However I have some other issues with Mobilesheets not that I am using the Google bluetooth at last band practice I had to just shut bluetooth off. Of course disables my pedals. When mobile sheets launch's it was aggressively trying to pair with other controllers, not mine. I couldn't stop it just kept popping up pair with this, pair with this. pair with this. Even if I said no it would keep coming up over and over again. 

Here is a screenshot of the actual Midi connection setting that work for me. The FP is new this just started showing up but nothing else is connected. If I turn off the Airstep the FP also goes away. 
[Image: 7ZF61u9.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 04:57 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 06:25 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by stephane1m - 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 03:58 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 06:08 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-03-2023, 10:16 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-03-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-08-2023, 04:39 PM