• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Libraires with similar files (same filename, different content)
---- You mention "my Android tablet" - how is it involved in the issue you are reporting?

Sorry - I was trying to be as brief as possible. I use MY android tablet to hold all files for me, our lead guitarist and our lead singer. The latter two are not tablet OR softwear app savvy!! I keep each of their files in 2 separate Libraries. That works fine on a tablet as each of their sets of files are in their own folders.
All the initial file generation is done on my Windows PC using my own software to generate PDFs (Chordy) and these are stored in serparate folders. The spearate folders are required throughout because the files all have the same name BUT they all have different content ie the vocalist PDFs don't have chords in them and the guitarist's PDFs are for a different format (size) tablet.
I can then sync the Windows files to my tablet using FolderSync and (assuming the songs exist within MS) the new versions appear in each Library.
Using my tablet as the server I can then sync each Library to each of their tablets - whew - with me so far?
Note the bit above about (assuming the songs exist within MS)? If I could create the songs on the Windows PC and just sync EVERYTHING to my tablet, that would take away a major headache.

---- Where is your MSP folder? (Settings - Storage - Set the Mobile Sheets Storage Location)

I assume you mean on the WINDOWS PC - it's moved to E:\Chordy\MobileSheets

---- Is Backup / Restore involved?

No it's not.

I'll have a look at that thread and see if it helps/applies - thanks for the response,

Ian
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" + Donner DMB-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple Libraires with similar files (same filename, different content) - by IanH - 01-25-2023, 06:30 AM