• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Eraser
Hello Mike,

having read your comment, and thought some more about the specific situations where I need something like that, I wanted to add something:

I was thinking about specific situations that occur very often with scans of music that have two kinds of flaws: a) markings by a former user that don't apply to me or look extremely untidy and b) artifacts from scanning like black bits around the sides of the scan. In these cases it is very handy to have a tool to "white out" these flawed areas. I already use a favorite of the pen with color white and size 20 and a second one with size 5 for more delicate edges around stuff I want to keep.

While there may be situations in which a different color than white is needed, most of the time the standard white color is the right choice. If I choose to change the background color, it might behave wrongly with a song I already treated with a whitening tool which doesn't change the color with the changed background.

Considering this, you seem to already have some kind of logic to determine the background color and this could be automatically set as the color of a new tool I would suggest and might be called "whitening eraser". Another benefit of this would be that the "whitening eraser" would not interfere with other annotations because it could be drawn in front of the pdf (or image) but behind other annotations. It would be a lot easier to use because we would not have to adjust sizes and colors as much but instead would only have to switch between the special eraser tool and the pen tool. There are already 3 different modes of erasers and this could just be the new fourth one perhaps?

So all of this does not actually touch the color picker. The additional thinking about it made that clear for me. Having one might still be useful, but actually not that high priority for me, as most pdfs come in just black and white and the only colored things are my annotations for which I hopefully have a way of reproducing the colors without a new color picker tool

Messages In This Thread
Hard Eraser - by woodslanding - 03-12-2023, 04:03 PM
RE: Hard Eraser - by McAroni - 03-12-2023, 05:04 PM
RE: Hard Eraser - by alternativepets - 12-01-2023, 12:56 PM
RE: Hard Eraser - by MB10 - 12-01-2023, 09:27 PM
RE: Hard Eraser - by BRX - 12-02-2023, 01:24 AM
RE: Hard Eraser - by Zubersoft - 12-02-2023, 04:24 AM
RE: Hard Eraser - by MB10 - 12-02-2023, 05:17 AM
RE: Hard Eraser - by Zubersoft - 12-02-2023, 05:28 AM
RE: Hard Eraser - by MB10 - 12-02-2023, 11:42 PM