• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popup window to show quickview of song's metadata
I would love to have a special button, (maybe at the bottom next to the scaling button) that one could turn on/off (open/close) like the notes, setlist and bookmarks buttons, for the purpose of showing all the metadata of the song. This would be a non-editable quickview. 

I frequently find myself wanting to see if I've added the year, or to remember what movie or musical a song was from, etc. 

I'm still in the process of adding metadata as I'm setting up my library and am finding it tedious loading the song editor multiple times to see if I added everything to a particular song, when going through the list.

I can also imagine it woold be handy in a performance, as well, to be able to see a quickview of the details I've added to the metadata, to say, for instance, this song was first released on such and such a date or by so and so group. 

I know those details could be in the notes, but why have to re-type info I already have in metadata?

Ideally, the button could be pressed to open, then pressed to close, like the setlist button. (Much faster than loading the editor.) But there could also be something to press inside the quickview window to jump into to song editor from there if needed.

Anyway, that's my idea. I don't know if others would find it useful or not.

Messages In This Thread
Popup window to show quickview of song's metadata - by RoSong - 03-30-2023, 02:10 AM