• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annotations get lost
I've put repetition-mark "stamp" annotations on a pdf sheet. they show only occasionally.
reproduce :
- enter repetition marks to a pdf
- close app
- start app and open tune. the marks show
-close tune and open it again. the marks are gone.
- repeat last three lines

same bug with staccato stamps.

I use samsung galaxy tab 10"

kind regards
Alain
Thanks for the report Alan. I'll try to reproduce this and get a fix out soon.
I've seen a different problem which may (or may not :-) be related to this one. In my case, entering annotations works very well, but occasionally I'll reopen a piece of music with annotations, only to find that the annotations are all in the wrong location because the base zoom level of the page has changed.

I don't know how feasible it would be, but it seems to me that when annotations are entered, the current zoom level should be saved along with them, so that the annotations can scale automatically when the zoom level changes.

- Steven
Update: Are you guys using per-page zooming (versus the global zoom on the image overlay)? I gave this a shot on a whim, and there is definitely an issue with the annotations being offset if you use that feature. Hopefully that's what you were doing.

================================

The zoom level is actually saved with every annotation. I tried for the last hour to reproduce these problems on three different tablets and haven't been able to get them to happen even once. Can either of you provide additional detail on exactly what kind of files you are loading, what zoom level settings you have, what version of the software you are running, and any other pertinent information? Thanks.

Mike
(12-17-2012, 01:44 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Update: Are you guys using per-page zooming (versus the global zoom on the image overlay)? I gave this a shot on a whim, and there is definitely an issue with the annotations being offset if you use that feature. Hopefully that's what you were doing.

I'm using pinch-to-zoom while looking at the piece in question, without the overlay.

My tablet is a Galaxy Note 10.1 with Android 4.0, and the files I've loaded are all short PDFs (typically one or two pages, though some are as long as five or six).

The zoom levels I've set vary (most are untouched at 100%; the few that I've set vary from 102% to about 107% or so, all in portrait mode).

I'm using version 3.8 of MobileSheets, since that's what was available when I bought the tablet about three weeks ago (and this is where I mention that I bought the tablet specifically to run this app -- regardless of this relatively minor glitch, I *love* what you've done with it!).

If there's any further information I can supply, or any specific tests you'd like me to run, please let me know.

- Steven
Thanks Steven. I have a fix in place that will make it into v3.9. This also fixes a number of other related issues.
(12-18-2012, 03:30 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks Steven. I have a fix in place that will make it into v3.9. This also fixes a number of other related issues.

That's great. I have been seeing this as well.
(12-18-2012, 03:30 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks Steven. I have a fix in place that will make it into v3.9. This also fixes a number of other related issues.

It looks like the fix is working. In 3.9 and 4.0, all my annotations are exactly where they're supposed to be. :-)

The only issues I'm having with annotations now both relate to stamps:

1) I can't seem to figure out how to change the color used for stamps. It would be nice to use something other than black, to make them easier to see. Is there something I'm missing, or does this amount to a feature request? :-)

2) The available stamps aren't all at the same scale. For example, accidental signs typically need to be significantly increased in size to match the apparent size of the PDF, but dynamic markings need to be significantly reduced to match. This is more of a nuisance than a problem, but I figured I'd report it anyway in case there's an easy fix.

- Steven
1) Several other users have requested the ability to change stamp colors. I just haven't had time to do this yet.

2) I'm actually planning on switching the stamps from images to characters in a font. This would allow them to scale MUCH better, and they would all be the same size. This is what most other sheet music editing programs do. I'm not sure how I will handle users existing stamps if I do this though.
I love the changes in the last few new versions. Thank you!

...but I'm afraid I've encountered a new problem with annotations. Please take a look at the annotation above bar 37 in this image:

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~smw/annotatio...normal.png

The box is only supposed to contain the C and the natural symbol. It still looks wrong when the overlay is displayed:

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~smw/annotatio...verlay.png

...but as soon as I bring up the annotations editor, even without making any changes at all, suddenly it looks right:

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~smw/annotatio...editor.png

I've seen a similar issue with some other text annotations, but this is the only one I had the presence of mind to take screenshots of. Undecided
Is this occurring with new annotations, or just old ones? I'm assuming you are on v4.0.3, correct? I fixed a bug in v4.0.3 related to the scaling of annotations, but the fix won't affect older annotations. If this is a problem only with new annotations, then I'll need to figure out what could be causing this.
(02-09-2013, 04:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Is this occurring with new annotations, or just old ones? I'm assuming you are on v4.0.3, correct?

Yes, this is on 4.0.3.

So far I've only seen this with annotations created before 4.0.3, but I'll try deleting this one and recreating it to see what happens. I'll report the result here either way.

For what it's worth this doesn't look like a scaling issue exactly. First, because it only affects text annotations, and secondly because the text itself is rendered at exactly the right size; the problem is that the background of the text box extends considerably lower than it should -- and the extra extension is always below the text box, never in any other direction.
Okay, this is just getting weird. Undecided

I copied the song in question, and in the copy I deleted the problematic annotation and recreated it.

Ever since, it's been fine -- but it's also rendering correctly again in the original, which I didn't modify at all! I can't explain this, but whatever's going on is clearly an intermittent problem.

I'm also seeing intermittent, seemingly random changes in the font size used to show titles in the library screens. Most of the time text appears at my chosen size, but every once in a while (usually after returning to MobileSheets from another app) the text will be three or four sizes larger. This definitely isn't a problem, but it's happening.
(02-13-2013, 03:56 AM)smw Wrote: I copied the song in question, and in the copy I deleted the problematic annotation and recreated it.

Ever since, it's been fine -- but it's also rendering correctly again in the original, which I didn't modify at all! I can't explain this, but whatever's going on is clearly an intermittent problem.

I'm afraid the problem is back, including with annotations I added since upgrading to 4.0.3.

For what it's worth, the songs in question were fine from the moment I added (or in some cases replaced) the annotations, right up until the first time I looked at them after upgrading to 4.0.5. I can't explain why, but the reversion appears linked to the first use of a new version (not just 4.0.5; the same thing likely also happened with each previous upgrade, although I'm not in a position to be able to prove that. Also, this only seems to happen with typed text annotations; all other kinds are fine.

While I'm writing to you, what's the best place to list feature requests? I ask because I have one: Specifically, I'd love to see an option which, if turned on, would allow me to go directly from the last page of any song to the first page of the next song in the same album (or the first page of the first song in the next album, if there are no songs left in the current one). This would make it substantially easier to play through all the songs in an album, without having to create a playlist with all the songs in the album.

Thanks,
Steven
Steven,

Sorry I haven't been able to fix this problem. I'm still scratching my head and trying to figure out some way to recreate it. Couple of questions for you:

a) Are you using PDFs or image files (.jpg, .png, etc)? Sorry if I've asked this before.

b) Are you making your edits in portrait or landscape? This shouldn't technically matter, but it will help if I can repeat your steps exactly.

c) What settings do you have set for the text annotations?

d) Is there any way I can get a copy of your library with the problematic annotations? This may be the easiest way to address the problem. If you can do this, I may not even need answers to the rest as I may be able to reproduce the problem this way. I really need to add the ability to email songs...

You can list feature requests in the forums: http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/fo....php?fid=3

Very interesting request. The easiest way for me to implement this would be to have a press and hold option where, after you press and hold on an album in your library, there would be an option to "Load Album". This would create a temporary setlist from every song in the album. I could do a similar thing for Artists, Genres, etc. How does this sound?

Thanks,
Mike