• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13" tablet music stands
There's a little more detail on the Manhasset website - http://www.manhasset-specialty.com/index...s&pageID=3 - at the bottom of the page, which is where I found the reference to 12.5". It's designed to mount on your existing stand. They also do a version designed to fit on to a mic stand (on the same page) maybe that would suit you better?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Well, the 12.5" is a dealbreaker. It's the concept I'm looking for, but not big enough.
Also, I do not want to lug around the bottom half of my existing Manhasset stand. The bottom half of the Model 52 would be a lot more mobile, but I do not see where you can just buy the lower half.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Big Grin http://www.vrn.co.kr/news/photo/201601/9...5_4537.jpg  Big Grin
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(02-12-2016, 08:36 AM)schnautza Wrote: Well, the 12.5" is a dealbreaker. It's the concept I'm looking for, but not big enough.
Also, I do not want to lug around the bottom half of my existing Manhasset stand. The bottom half of the Model 52 would be a lot more mobile, but I do not see where you can just buy the lower half.

I imagine their 12.5" refers to screen size, not the case, so it might well be that a 13" tablet in a smallish case would fit.  I'd contact Manhasset direct and ask them what are the actual maximum dimensions the holder will accept?

To me, the bottom half of a Model 52 stand is basically like many mic stands - so buy a mic stand, plus a suitable tablet holder.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(02-12-2016, 06:43 AM)schnautza Wrote: Thanks for the responses - to clarify my Manhasset stand is this one:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M...oCQ-rw_wcB

It's not exactly the type of stand I'd want to lug around to every rehearsal/gig.

I've given some thought to the Velcro idea, and that might be the best idea for my church, where I can have my own designated stand with velcro on it. However, this doesn't help with my brass band rehearsals in which we use a bunch of school music stands. This is where a nice compact collapsible (read: easily portable) stand would come in handy.

I like what I'm seeing on this link for the Manhasset 3200-U holder:
http://www.interstatemusic.com/966372-Ma...3200U.aspx

I assume that this is just the top portion, and the foldable stand is sold separately. All I'm seeing on sizes is it "fits all sizes"...so I'm not sure how big "all sizes" encompasses. My tablet (with case) is 13.5" in height.

I wonder if you could just bring some double-sided masking tape, which might give you the additional stability you are looking for when you use the school music stands at your brass band rehearsals.
If you have a case with the handle strap on the back you might be able to use velcro straps through that handle. Or use stick on velcro on the tablet and velcro strap it around the stand holder. Not a very good description, is it. The velcro straps have the hooks on one side and the fuzz on the other. Good for wrapping around things.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(02-13-2016, 03:18 AM)Skip Wrote: If you have a case with the handle strap on the back you might be able to use velcro straps through that handle. Or use stick on velcro on the tablet and velcro strap it around the stand holder. Not a very good description, is it. The velcro straps have the hooks on one side and the fuzz on the other. Good for wrapping around things.

Yes, that makes sense.  Wrap the strap around the face of the stand so the velcro on the strap connects to the velcro tape on the tablet.  Good idea.