• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print a set list?
Is there a way to print a set list? I would print it to a PDF and distribute it among the folks on the gig.
On the "Setlists" screen select the setlist, then open the menu (three little squares top right) and click "Generate Songlist". It opens a selection of apps on your tablet where the setlist can be exported to.
Specify the fields you want to be contained under
Settings > Library Settings > Generate Song List Format
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I have a Mac running MSP 1.5.4. I don't see "Generate Songlist" anywhere.
(08-05-2016, 09:10 AM)spencer Wrote: I have a Mac running MSP 1.5.4. I don't see "Generate Songlist" anywhere.

From which, I presume you are running some sort of Android emulation?

It's possible to print a setlist from either the tablet or Companion, although I believe it's only in .txt format, so you would have to turn into a PDF yourself.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Forgive me, I said my post in a confusing way. I was thinking about the fact that MSP does connect with Windows for some functions but not with my Mac.
I am running MSP on an Android tablet, and it works fine, but MSP 1.5.4 on my tablet displays no Generate Set List Format item that I can find. 
The menu says:
Add Songs to Setlist
Add Songs to Collection...
Settings

nothing about Generate Set List format.

Oh wait. I just visited https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...free&hl=en,
and I see that the Current Version is 5.4.7. How can I update? I just bought this a couple of weeks ago at Google Play.
(08-05-2016, 04:11 PM)spencer Wrote: ..... I see that the Current Version is 5.4.7. How can I update? I just bought this a couple of weeks ago at Google Play.

I am totally confused now.  The current version of MSP is indeed 1.5.4 - where you got the 5.4.7 from, I have no idea?

Let's just go through the steps once again:

1 - Tap the Setlist tab
2 - Long press the setlist you want to print out, a box with a tick in it will appear
3 - In the drop down menu (three vertical dots) you should see 'Generate Song List' at the top of the menu
4 - Tap on that and then decide where you want to send it (Dropbox, et al)

This should generate a text file of the charts in the chosen setlist.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Sorry about all this confusion, but now thanks to you there has been a key "Aha!"

You said "long press" the name of the setlist. I missed that part the first time. I didn't think to try it. 

Thank you! Yes indeed it is there! 

(I could swear I saw "Current version 5.4.7" somewhere, I did a couple of double takes, etc etc, but let's forget that ever happened.)  Blush

Thanks a lot! I just sent myself an email with the set list on it!
A lot of menu items become only available if you select (long press) the item. I'm just saying because it applies not only to setlists, but to songs, groups and so on.
Definitely a useful thing to keep in mind. Thank you.