• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets End of Life
I want to let users know that I'm going to be pulling the original MobileSheets for Android off of the app store starting January 1, 2017. I do not have the bandwidth to support the older version, and it no longer supports the latest Android OS versions. After the app is pulled off the app store, users will no longer be able to download the app. I'm hoping that removing it from the app store will reduce confusion for new users who should be purchasing MobileSheetsPro.  If enough users require it, I can always provide a link to download the installer, and I believe the licensing should still work correctly even if the app is not available on the app store.

Mike
(12-06-2016, 05:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I want to let users know that I'm going to be pulling the original MobileSheets for Android off of the app store starting January 1, 2017. I do not have the bandwidth to support the older version, and it no longer supports the latest Android OS versions. After the app is pulled off the app store, users will no longer be able to download the app. I'm hoping that removing it from the app store will reduce confusion for new users who should be purchasing MobileSheetsPro.  If enough users require it, I can always provide a link to download the installer, and I believe the licensing should still work correctly even if the app is not available on the app store.

Mike

Just to clarify, if already on a tablet the old version (and matched companion) will continue to work?

Many of our Band still use the old version.
Correct, this will not affect current installations of the application in any way. It just means if you uninstalled the application, you wouldn't be able to reinstall it off the app store again.
(12-07-2016, 02:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Correct, this will not affect current installations of the application in any way. It just means if you uninstalled the application, you wouldn't be able to reinstall it off the app store again.

Understood, thank you.
Is there any way to get the older version? I had to replace one of my old tablets and I want to reload the same version I use on the others in order to maintain compatibility.

The tablet I wan to load has Android 4.2.2
The Mobilesheets version I currently run on my other tablets is 4.1.7
Tablet: dopo EM63 w/Android 4.2.2
Pedal: Tatoo pedal wired through the usb interface board from a busted keyboard and connected using an OTG cable.
Mount: Manos Mount on a sawed off tripod mic stand.
Smile 
(06-15-2017, 07:57 AM)bobrhett Wrote: Is there any way to get the older version? I had to replace one of my old tablets and I want to reload the same version I use on the others in order to maintain compatibility.

The tablet I wan to load has Android 4.2.2
The Mobilesheets version I currently run on my other tablets is 4.1.7

You could make a backup of the .apk (installation file) using an app like ES FIle Explorer on one of the 'old' tablets.
Then you could move the 'backup' file to your new tablet and install it there.
You will need to have checked 'install from unknown sources' in the settings of the new tablet.

OR, you could cough up the $12.99 and get the pro version!  Smile

$12.99 is not that much, and Mike deserves and earns every penny with phenomenal support.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
You can also contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and I can help you get the APK file.
I think I'm good now.
The money was never the issue. If I had it to give I'd send Mike a truckload.
I had never moved to MSPro because I really didn't need the additional features. I've been happy as a clam using the older version on several tablets for years now. I don't check in on the forum frequently so didn't see the end of life notice until I needed to download MS, found it wasn't available, and came looking.
I have installed MSPro on the new tablet and was able to restore a database backup to it so I once again have a spare. Eventually I'll move to MSPro across all my tablets since MS is EOL.

Thanks Mike!
Tablet: dopo EM63 w/Android 4.2.2
Pedal: Tatoo pedal wired through the usb interface board from a busted keyboard and connected using an OTG cable.
Mount: Manos Mount on a sawed off tripod mic stand.