• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6.5 Annotations issues
The annotations engine seems unstable on my Surface Pro.

Imported a Android library with annotations. While adding annotations to an already annotated page the previous annotations were not shown. The new annotation was not shown after saving. Some buttons on the overlay screen were then also not shown.  After adding and saving another annotation, all annotations were shown. In another instance, after saving an annotation, the page stayed black with a "waiting circle".

Testing on Surface Pro 4, M3-6Y30, 4Gb
I have a fix in place for this now.

Thanks,
Mike
Wow thats great. 

Mobilesheets must be my best investment everBig Grin
In 1.6.6, annotations are still not shown in the annotations editor
The size of the rectangles around text seems much larger in W10 then on Android.
I sometimes use them with a White fill, to block things on the score from view.
Now on W10 it also blocks things that should remain visible
(12-17-2016, 07:55 PM)Rey_a Wrote: In 1.6.6, annotations are still not shown in the annotations editor

I can confirm this
I'm going to need either a .msf file or backup file demonstrating this. I'm assuming you are saying annotations from an Android backup are not being shown in the annotations editor, but new annotations that you make are showing up fine, right? I don't seem to have any issues annotating new scores.

Thanks,
Mike
I did find a problem in the database upgrade code (it exposed a larger problem with how I was dealing SQLite errors in the Windows 10 version). This caused text annotations from older backup files to be lost (not sure if this was an issue for you or not).

I can work on decreasing the amount of padding used on the Windows 10 version so that the textbox sizes are more in line with the Android ones. I still don't see an issue with annotations not being shown in the editor though.
(12-17-2016, 07:55 PM)Rey_a Wrote: In 1.6.6, annotations are still not shown in the annotations editor

This now seems solved in 1.6.7
(12-17-2016, 07:58 PM)Rey_a Wrote: The size of the rectangles around text seems much larger in W10 then on Android.
I sometimes use them with a White fill, to block things on the score from view.
Now on W10 it also blocks things that should remain visible

It has improved in 1.6.7, but it still may be an issue for people sharing their database between Android and Windows platforms.
So the textbox sizes are still inconsistent between the two versions?
(12-22-2016, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: So the textbox sizes are still inconsistent between the two versions?

I am afraid so,

In the attached image from MS, the top notes are clipped by the text rectangle.
In MSPro the notes are fully visible.

Mind you we are talking millimeter differences here....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've made a few more adjustments that should hopefully help with the difference you are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike
No change in 1.6.8,

Top of notes still cropped by the text box above it
Any chance you can export that song for me so I can test with it?

Thanks,
Mike