Poll: Any problem with showing annotations in 1.6.9?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
100.00%
1 100.00%
NO
0%
0 0%
I don't know
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations not always showing!
Is it me or an earlier problem with annotations not always showing is back in 1.6.9?

I can't really figure out what the problem is...

I can see the edits when I zoom but they disappear again when I leave Annotation Mode!

Is it because:
1. I imported those new files from Google Drive?
2. I cropped pages in Files Edit mode?
3. It is a touchscreen behaviour?
4. It is a problem with the Virtual Keyboard?
5. The fact that I can Auto Rotate my screen?
6. Anything else?

Thanks for answering,
Dom
Do the annotations disappear randomly, or is it only after taking certain actions like going to a different screen? It's possible there is a bug when you leave the song display screen to do something else (crop, annotate, edit the song, etc), and then return to it. I know I did address a number of those issues with the last update, but it's certainly possible that I missed something. I'll try to see if I can recreate the problem.

As for the freezing and blue screens, that's very concerning. I've never had that happen to me yet with MobileSheets, so it's hard to say what the problem is. Does this occur when using features such as the audio player or metronome? Or is it happening just when you are loading a song? How much RAM do you have on your machine? Is there plenty of available memory on your system when viewing songs and setlists?

Thanks,
Mike
No, the annotations don't even show when I try to put them with any tool, but then everything shows off when I zoom there...
But that's seems to be only on first pages of any new document since 1.6.9, and on remaining pages the behaviour is a little different as they show while I put then but also disappear when I leave Annotation Mode.
Freezes and blue screens might be something else, I'm working on it, but I do have 12Gb of RAM installed, nothing else opened and never had those issues before last updates... but I also update everything else so it might not be related to MS.
As a last minute call I could also red-import all my next gig PDFs on Android version but I really hope we can fix this before Monday!
Officially the blue screens I had were because of my network card!
So there should be no problem of loosing my machine during work since I turn the network off when I rehearse with orchestras...
I will see if anything suspicious happens tomorrow while practicing my parts at home before I turn back to DuOs!
(01-08-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Do the annotations disappear randomly, or is it only after taking certain actions like going to a different screen? It's possible there is a bug when you leave the song display screen to do something else (crop, annotate, edit the song, etc), and then return to it. I know I did address a number of those issues with the last update, but it's certainly possible that I missed something.  I'll try to see if I can recreate the problem.

As for the freezing and blue screens, that's very concerning. I've never had that happen to me yet with MobileSheets, so it's hard to say what the problem is.  Does this occur when using features such as the audio player or metronome? Or is it happening just when you are loading a song? How much RAM do you have on your machine? Is there plenty of available memory on your system when viewing songs and setlists?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
It seems the annotations have more difficulty to show when they are close to page edges...
Also when the pages have been cropped, then they don't show at all!
I have also noticed that when I try to nudge items created with the Stamp Tool they also disappear...
It is really unfortunate and I really spent a great deal of time trying to figure out if it's something I do wrong, a misuse, a misunderstanding, a problem with my computer or the way or type of document I imported.
I NEED to crop my pages in order to do what I need, and I NEED to input a great deal of annotations during rehearsals so I am embarassed with this behaviour!
I am confused to realize I am the only one reporting that problem (at least on the poll)
Please tell me if there is no hope to get that fixed before tomorrow otherwise I will have to port my files to the Android version, again.
BTW I did all possible tests and scans on my computer yesterday to exclude an internal problem.
Thanks for your time and response,
Dominic
Dominic,

I'm really struggling to figure out why the application is behaving that way on your machine. I just tested everything you described on my PC, and it worked fine. I'm going to test again on my Surface Pro 4 with a release build, but I'm willing to bet it will work fine there too (otherwise I would have seen these issues earlier). One thing that will probably help me is if I can get a copy of either your settings files or a library backup so I can test with the same library as you.

Even if I did find a way to reproduce this issue and pushed out an update, Microsoft won't approve the update that quickly. It usually takes them at least one day to approve an update. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get this addressed for you in time, but it's difficult to fix a problem I can't reproduce.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-09-2017, 10:04 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Dominic,

I'm really struggling to figure out why the application is behaving that way on your machine. I just tested everything you described on my PC, and it worked fine. I'm going to test again on my Surface Pro 4 with a release build, but I'm willing to bet it will work fine there too (otherwise I would have seen these issues earlier).  One thing that will probably help me is if I can get a copy of either your settings files or a library backup so I can test with the same library as you.

Even if I did find a way to reproduce this issue and pushed out an update, Microsoft won't approve the update that quickly. It usually takes them at least one day to approve an update. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get this addressed for you in time, but it's difficult to fix a problem I can't reproduce.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
So happy to hear from you...
Ok, .msb file sent directly in support from within the program...
Don't worry for the rest, I'll re-import the music in the Android version for tomorrow!
Dom
Thanks to the library Dom sent me, I was able to track down the problem. It looks like if you crop a lot out of a page (40+%), it causes major clipping issues where annotations stop getting drawn both in the annotation editor and in the normal song view. The fix should be pretty easy, but I'm going to be out of town for a couple days so I won't be able to get the next update together until next weekend. The only workaround on Windows at the moment is to get rid of the cropping (or crop less).

Mike
(01-09-2017, 03:53 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks to the library Dom sent me, I was able to track down the problem. It looks like if you crop a lot out of a page (40+%), it causes major clipping issues where annotations stop getting drawn both in the annotation editor and in the normal song view.  The fix should be pretty easy, but I'm going to be out of town for a couple days so I won't be able to get the next update together until next weekend.  The only workaround on Windows at the moment is to get rid of the cropping (or crop less).

Mike
Ok well thanks Mike, that's good to know!

I can totally work with less cropping now that I know this issue...
For today's rehearsal I had my music imported in the Andoid version (1.6.9) and everything went well until a certain point where I couldn't select ANY tool in Annotation mode, and everytime I was desperately trying to select something while others were wrinting in their parts a black rectangle was showing off about where I set the Touch Settings action to toggle Annotation Mode (center top screen)...
I disabled the setting to NONE but it didn't resolve the problem... was it because there was too much annotations?
Or is it a conflict with DuOs Android's top center control console?
In any cases it never did that before 1.6.9!
So I went back again to Windows version...

Dominic