• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical scrolling again
Maybe this is something that can't be done using single page display in landscape orientation with half page turns.  I guess the answer is not to use half page turns.

If the music fits nicely into two screens then all is well, but what if one needs a bit more than that, like 2.5 screenfulls to display the music, or even 3?  One can display the first "page" and the "second" but how can one display the remainder?  If one presses the pedal after the second screen of music is displayed. then the rest of that music is ignored and the next page is displayed.

I guess what I am looking for in the ideal world is the following:

that one can set as many stop points as desired (within reason) on the page of music, and then each press of the pedal would move that next section to the top of the screen.  When there were no more sections then the next page would display.

Of course this wouldn't be "half page turns."  Is there any other good way to accomplish this?
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple
In order for what you are describing to work, you'd have to choose one of the following:

1) Use the single page display in landscape orientation but do not enable half page turns. Instead, use a pedal with a scroll action such as "scroll page down or turn page at bottom" and then scroll in increments such as 30% with each page turn (you can specify the scroll amount in the pedal settings).

2) Use the vertical scrolling display mode in landscape and this will automatically scroll 33% of the page with every page turn. You can use the "fit width" page scaling mode to increase the sheet music to its largest size this way.

There are also other things that I could change in MobileSheetsPro. I could change the single page display in landscape to have a new option to scroll with page turns instead of just turning the page. It would then scroll 33% at a time like the vertical scrolling display mode, and then turn the page when at the bottom. This obviously increases the complexity of the page turning logic, but if it makes the mode more useful to people, I'm open to making the change. I could also change the half page turn mode to handle the scenario where the page is more than 2x the height of the screen. It's weird to call it half page turns if you could turn the page three or more times and it just scrolled a new half page into view each time. At that point, it's more like "half screen" page turns, not half page turns.

Let me know your thoughts.

Mike
Let me do some more playing around with it.  I do like the music to fill the screen horizontally in landscape mode.  (These older eyes appreciate that.)

Of course not all music is formatted with the same number of lines of music, or even the same font size, etc.  So, it would seem to to me that anything suitable for one piece of music might not be suitable for another piece.  So, I don't know if any global approach could always be ideal.  But it may well be that appropriately chosen screen or page scroll percentages could be acceptable across all music.

I'll work with it some more and report back.
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple
(10-06-2018, 10:31 PM)RVDowning Wrote: Let me do some more playing around with it.  I do like the music to fill the screen horizontally in landscape mode.  (These older eyes appreciate that.)

Of course not all music is formatted with the same number of lines of music, or even the same font size, etc.  So, it would seem to to me that anything suitable for one piece of music might not be suitable for another piece.  So, I don't know if any global approach could always be ideal.  But it may well be that appropriately chosen screen or page scroll percentages could be acceptable across all music.

I'll work with it some more and report back.
Hello,

I totally agree with RVDownning. Having a global percentage for pedal scrolling doesn't help, because each piece as a different layout, and also pages within the same piece could also have different layouts (Title, copyrights, notes...).
Playing piano score, I often have bass part of the previous line, complete current line, and treble part of the next line, where it would be more useful to have full current an next lines.
So I like the idea to be able to define where the "top" of the next screen (call it stop point, scroll point, page break or whatever you want) will be after pressing the pedal.
Thank you
I'm all for it.

Actually that's very similar to an old request of mine (almost three years ago) when I asked for "custom turn marks" for vertical scrolling.

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3629
It's definitely still something I want to implement. It's just going to take a lot of work (mainly the UI elements for setting the scroll points and managing them). As I've mentioned several times now on the forums, I'm going full time with MS next year so I'll finally be able to start making a dent in all the feature requests that have piled up.

Mike