• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated to version 2.3.8 - MS will not open
Hello,

Just updated my Android tablet and MS version showing in Apps is 2.3.8.

However the app will not open, it goes to a grey blank screen for a moment or two and then goes back to the start screen.

The App is not on the SD card, I have a full backup so a re-install won't be a major issue, however, is there a problem with this update that has caused this. (Was working fine before update)

I have four other tablets running MS Pro so I am releuctant to update them until I can resolve this.

Gerry
I have the same update, no problems. A similar problem has happened in the past though. Restarting the tablet has fixed it each time.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Tried a tablet restart, no joy. MS is showing in my Apps but will not open. Just goes back to the tablet 'home' screen.

I am not going to update my other tablets until I find what the problem is
OK, uninstall and re-install all sorted.

Did my other tablets all OK must have been a tablet fault or Play Store issue (or it could be this 'nut' beside to the button Angel ).
It sounds to me like it was an installation issue of some kind, like corrupted or missing files.  I'm glad the re-install fixed it.
Hi! I'm having a similar problem... I was editing an annotation and the application crashed: "Unfortunately, MobilesheetsPro has stopped working." Any attempts at restarting the application don't work... I click the icon and I just get that same error message. 

Like a dummy, my last database backup was 7/22 (today is 7/26) and I have made about a billion annotations since then in preparation for a week-long music festival I'm playing in next week. I am hyperventilating. 

My big question: If I uninstall and reinstall MSP, will it blow away my existing database and annotations? I set MSP to manage my files.
MSP 2.6.8 Onyx Boox Max2 Pro 13.3 (E-Ink)
MSP 2.6.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling will delete your database and annotations, so don't do that unless we can't find a way to get things working for you. Your signature shows you are running version 2.6.8. so that is the latest version. Which one of those two devices is the problem occurring on? This will allow me to identify which crash may belong to your device. Also make sure you are running the app with WiFi enabled so that the crash reports will be sent to HockeyApp.

Thanks,
Mike
Holy crap, I am so happy I read this; I was just about to reinstall. I love you so much. Smile

This is happening on my Onyx Boox Max2Pro. I've rebooted, I've cleared the app cache, and I'm still getting the error.  MSP and Dropbox are the only things installed on this tablet, and Dropbox is working fine.
(07-27-2019, 07:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Also make sure you are running the app with WiFi enabled so that the crash reports will be sent to HockeyApp.
 Hi Mike!

Just FYI, the app won't even start. I click the icon and I get the "Superpowered" splash screen and .02 second flash of the app's home screen with my set lists, and then it force closes with the error. So I can't really "run" the app. 
I'm not sure what I need to do to get a crash report to you, or if they're automatically sent.

I'm hoping I didn't totally bork my chances by clearing the cache earlier.
As long as you are running the application with an active internet connection, I should get the crash reports. I'll see what I can figure out.

Thanks,
Mike
I can't find any crash reports from your device, so I'm not sure exactly what the issue might be. Please send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com - I want you to install the latest build to see if that works, and if it doesn't, I'll probably have to add some logging so we can figure out what's going on. I haven't gotten reports from any other Onyx Boox Max 2 users and my Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Mike
Also, have you tried rebooting the device? I just want to rule out easy stuff.

Thanks,
Mike
(07-27-2019, 03:00 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't find any crash reports from your device, so I'm not sure exactly what the issue might be. Please send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com - I want you to install the latest build to see if that works, and if it doesn't, I'll probably have to add some logging so we can figure out what's going on. I haven't gotten reports from any other Onyx Boox Max 2 users and my Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Mike
Awesome-- sending an email now. Thanks so much, Mike!  (And to answer your question below, yes, I've rebooted a bunch, even powered off and waited a bit, cleared the cache. No change. :-(

Thanks for your help!

--Jill