• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome OS
Hello,

I want to buy a chrome notebook, because the screen is bigger. Now the only thing is, that a Chromebook has his own OS (Chrome OS). Could MobileSheets work on a Chromebook?

Thanks,

Gert-Jan
(07-29-2019, 07:15 PM)Gert-Jan Wrote: Hello,

I want to buy a chrome notebook, because the screen is bigger. Now the only thing is, that a Chromebook has his own OS (Chrome OS). Could MobileSheets work on a Chromebook?

Thanks,

Gert-Jan

I'm running MobileSheetsPro on an HP Chromebook and it runs great (just as well as it ran on my Android tablet).   Like you, I also wanted a larger screen.   Now I'm really enjoying the 12.3 inch screen.    One word of advice:   Find a Chromebook with a 3:2 aspect ratio.   I first tried a 16:9 and the music was all stretched out in portrait mode.

Good Luck.
Hi,

I've been using it on a pixelbook (chromebook by google)and it seems to work fine. The only OS related issue I found was the annotation editor would stop responding to the touch screen (and all other apps also) in tablet mode when I had "Full screen magnifier" turned on under accesibility options in ChromeOS. I had to log out/in to restore the touch screen. Once I turned "Full screen magnifier" off, it's been OK.

John
(07-30-2019, 05:32 AM)jweber Wrote: Hi,

I've been using it on a pixelbook (chromebook by google)and it seems to work fine. The only OS related issue I found was the annotation editor would stop responding to the touch screen (and all other apps also) in tablet mode when I had "Full screen magnifier" turned on under accesibility options in ChromeOS. I had to log out/in to restore the touch screen. Once I turned "Full screen magnifier" off, it's been OK.

John
Start by making CERTAIN whatever model you choose supports Android application play (start with this list https://www.androidauthority.com/chromeb...ps-874984/).  I have a Samsung Chromebook specifically because it will fold into a tablet and I can use my Bluetooth pedal to turn pages.  Frustrated when I discovered I HAD to use it in Landscape orientation, but that just means I "step" more often.
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
(08-11-2019, 12:17 AM)SenseiC Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 05:32 AM)jweber Wrote: Hi,

John
Start by making CERTAIN whatever model you choose supports Android application play (start with this list https://www.androidauthority.com/chromeb...ps-874984/).  I have a Samsung Chromebook specifically because it will fold into a tablet and I can use my Bluetooth pedal to turn pages.  Frustrated when I discovered I HAD to use it in Landscape orientation, but that just means I "step" more often.

You can use your chromebook in portrait no problem.  Here's how:
Before you connect the bluetooth pedal, force the screen rotation using SHIFT+CTRL+ROTATE keys.  I rotate mine to the 270deg position as the power/vol keys are on the lefthand side and not accidentally pressed when rested on end.
I would really love a fix so I can use the bluetooth pedal with auto-rotate AND on-screen keyboard (because that doesn't play ball either).  There was a post (can't seem to find it now) that spoke about getting back the on-screen keyboard and pedal at the same time but it didnt work for me (Asus C302 chrombook)