• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Database Error
I cannot connect my tablet to my PC. Both tablet and PC are running the latest versions and this has now happened twice in the last week. The first time a restart of the tablet and the companion app sorted it out, but today nothing I do will allow my tablet and PC to talk to each other. This is very frustrating as I have many years of setlists and albums. 

Versions 
Mobilesheets: 2.9.6
Companion App 3.0.4

Tablet is a Samsung SM-T820, Galaxy Tab 3, running version T820XXU3CTD5/T820XA3CTD5/
PC is a Dell G5 15 running Windows 10 pro, version 1909, build 18363.1198

The error is:
Error creating database: code = NotADb(26), message = 
System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
etc...

Sorry, but the message is long and it is presented in a way that doesn't not allow me to copy and paste it. However, I have added the full message as an attachment.

Please help as I need to add some more music for this week's rehearsals.

David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks to me like there may be some corruption in the database that needs to be addressed. There are two ways we can work on this:

1) Backup your library on the Samsung tablet under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and share the .msb file with mike@zubersoft.com and I will extract the database and run some queries on it to see if there is corruption. This would also give me the ability to test the companion app in the same fashion as you.
2) Enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database, and then send me mobilesheets.db under the storage location. If you are using an SD card, the file will instead be at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. 

Mike
(11-30-2020, 04:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It looks to me like there may be some corruption in the database that needs to be addressed. There are two ways we can work on this:

1) Backup your library on the Samsung tablet under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and share the .msb file with mike@zubersoft.com and I will extract the database and run some queries on it to see if there is corruption. This would also give me the ability to test the companion app in the same fashion as you.
2) Enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database, and then send me mobilesheets.db under the storage location. If you are using an SD card, the file will instead be at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. 

Mike

Hi Mike
Thanks for the quick reply. I managed to access my database by restarting both the PC and tablet, so the urgency has receded for now. I routinely back up my database every time I connect it to my PC, so I will check that the back ups I do are the same as you are asking for and send you the .msb file tomorrow.

David
Hi Mike
Unfortunately, my backup file is far too big to send to you via email, (1.6GB, and 1.5GB if zipped). However, I have copied it to my Google Drive account and have shared it with you that way. I've also sent you a copy of the backup I did yesterday, after adding my latest PDFs. Interestingly, the backup done today, from my tablet, is bigger than the one I did yesterday via the Companion App, even though there have not been any changes in between.

Thanks once again,
David
Thanks David, I'll take a look at the backups as soon as I can.

Mike
David,

I first inspected the database and found no issues with corruption. I then restored your backup and connected my Android device to the companion app on my PC and saw no errors. I'm not sure how to reproduce what you are seeing. You are still seeing the error when connecting your Android device, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
(12-10-2020, 06:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: David,

I first inspected the database and found no issues with corruption. I then restored your backup and connected my Android device to the companion app on my PC and saw no errors. I'm not sure how to reproduce what you are seeing. You are still seeing the error when connecting your Android device, correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike
Thanks for doing that. Yes, I still see the error and I have to restart both my PC and my tablet before they will connect to each other. I'm at a loss, as I only use that tablet for MobileSheets, (I've moved to using an iPad, but as you don't have an iPad version I ending up buying this Android tablet when my Nexus 10 stopped coping with the android updates). Everything is up to date on my PC as well, although I am expecting Windows to update to version 2004 soon as update keeps telling me it's on its way.

Any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.
Thanks
David
David,

Every time you restart the companion app, it should clean out all of the cached files, so there is a clean start every time. If that isn't enough to get it to connect correctly, then I'm stumped as to what is going on. It's almost like the file that is being transferred doesn't match what is actually on the tablet. One thing you can do is connect the tablet, wait until you get that error message and then send me C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Zubersoft\MobileSheetsProCompanion\mobilesheets.db so I can see what is going on with the file. I already have a good copy of your database, so I can compare the two files to get an idea of what is different.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike
I think this was a Samsung issue. A couple of nights ago a driver update was applied to my system. This was "SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - USB - 2.17.1.377". I've tried again today and everything seems to be working as it used to. I'm assuming that a recent Windows update broke the connection and Samsung has fixed it. 

Having said that, I've just realised I don't use a USB connection as I connect over WiFi, so it may just be a coincidence. I'll try again over the next few days and let you know if I have any further issues. Thanks for looking into it though; it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
David

PS. If you ever do port this over to iPad/Mac, I would definitely buy it as I could finally ditch Windows.
Hi Mike
I'm pleased to say that I haven't had this error since the Samsung USB driver was installed, so I'm quite happy for this to closed. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
David
I'm glad to hear that David. I hope things remain stable for you from here on out.

Mike