• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error restoring Win10 backup on Chromebook
I am getting the following when trying to restore a backup made on my HP 360 Envy Win10 convertible laptop, when restoring to my Acer Spin 15 Chromebook (running latest Chromebook OS):  "the selected backup file is not a valid MobileSheets backup file".  Using this file to restore to the Win10 machine works fine.  Any ideas?
BTW, I have two identical Acer Chromebooks, and get the same error on both. Also, I tried restoring to a Samsung Note Pro tablet and I get the same error.  Seems to be an issue with the Win10 backup.
Which versions of MobileSheetsPro are you running on the Android devices? Every device should be running version 3.0.4. If you try to restore a 3.0.0+ backup on a version 2.9.6 device, you will get that error.

Mike
(01-26-2021, 08:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Which versions of MobileSheetsPro are you running on the Android devices? Every device should be running version 3.0.4. If you try to restore a 3.0.0+ backup on a version 2.9.6 device, you will get that error.

Mike
Whew, thanks for that advice.  That did the trick, since all my devices were running older versions.  I was panicking, wondering if I had to replace my Android/Chromebooks, to match the Win10 OS.