• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch and Pedal Settings
I am a happy user of Mobile Sheets Pro - for almost a week! Smile  So I'm still learning lots and lots....

About "Touch & Pedal Settings" - I want to set three things under Touch Actions:
  • Bottom Left Corner, Turn one page backward
  • Bottom Center, Turn one page forward
  • Bottom Right, Turn two pages forward.

The settings for Bottom Left and Bottom Right are resulting in the same action as Bottom Center. I've tinkered with different settings for all three Touch settings and everytime the Left and Right do what the Center is set to do.  

And FYI, I am using Mobile Sheets on my Windows 10 Surface Book 3, with a mouse.

Can you help?

Linda
Hello Linda,

I definitely can't seem to reproduce that problem on my PC while using a mouse. Does the same problem occur if you just tap with your finger instead of using the mouse? Under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, did you enable "Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press"? If so, you definitely need to uncheck that option. 

Thanks,
Mike
(02-01-2021, 06:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Linda,

I definitely can't seem to reproduce that problem on my PC while using a mouse. Does the same problem occur if you just tap with your finger instead of using the mouse? Under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, did you enable "Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press"? If so, you definitely need to uncheck that option. 

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

First I checked the Touch & Pedal Settings, and "Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press" was not selected/checked.

Then I detached the keyboard from the tablet (FYI: Surface Book 3 allows for usage as both a laptop and a tablet; I am transitioning from laptop to tablet.)  On the detatched tablet (with no keyboard or mouse option), I tapped Bottom Left, Center, and Right and.....it responded correctly on the tablet! 

So, tablet obeys settings; laptop (with keyboard and mouse) misbehaves.

I wonder if many other users work on a laptop rather than a tablet....Just curious. Confused 

Linda
Linda,

I have the Surface Pro 4 and with the keyboard attached, I don't see this issue - the bottom left, bottom center and bottom right all trigger correctly when I tap them or click them with the touchpad mouse on the keyboard attachment. . I'm not sure why you are seeing a difference in behavior with the Surface Book 3, but that is very unusual. Is your device set for tablet mode or desktop mode?

Thanks,
Mike
(02-06-2021, 11:40 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Linda,

I have the Surface Pro 4 and with the keyboard attached, I don't see this issue - the bottom left, bottom center and bottom right all trigger correctly when I tap them or click them with the touchpad mouse on the keyboard attachment. . I'm not sure why you are seeing a difference in behavior with the Surface Book 3, but that is very unusual. Is your device set for tablet mode or desktop mode?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Most of the time I use Surface Book 3 as a desktop/laptop computer, and I use the mouse.  (I hope to use it as a tablet when I can play piano again at nursing homes.)

I searched for Settings, and clicked on Tablet Mode, and I see selection for "When I sign in" is "Use the appropriate mode for my hardware", and "When the device is automatically switches tablet mode on or off" is selected. (See attched.)

I didn't see anything in the Settings under the category "Desktop mode".

Do any other Surface Book 3 users encounter this?  

Linda