• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a video to a song
Hi all -

This might be really simple but danged if I can figure it out.  I want to attach a video of a solo to a song in MobileSheetsPro, but when I try to add the file, I get told it is not a supported file type, like PDF.  I am making the video on my Fire Tablet, but could do it other places.

Is there a video format that is supported?  Thanks in advance.

- Rick G.
I don't currently support video playback in MobileSheetsPro. That's on my list of things to add support for in the future.

Mike
(02-24-2021, 06:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't currently support video playback in MobileSheetsPro. That's on my list of things to add support for in the future.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike.  Would it be possible to simply allow storage of a video with MobileSheetsPro and we could play it in another way?  That would give us the advantage of backing up everything together.  Or would it make more sense to just move the video to the folder designated to hold additional materials?

Thanks again.

- Rick G.
You can already do that if you want - just add a smart button to your song, set the action to "Open File in External Application" and then link it to your video file. Then when you tap the button, it will load the video in whatever application you have set as the default for video files.  When I add support for video, it's going to require database and UI updates, new translations, integration with youtube and support for playing videos on the device itself. So I'd rather tackle that all at once in a larger update.

Mike
(02-24-2021, 06:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can already do that if you want - just add a smart button to your song, set the action to "Open File in External Application" and then link it to your video file. Then when you tap the button, it will load the video in whatever application you have set as the default for video files.  When I add support for video, it's going to require database and UI updates, new translations, integration with youtube and support for playing videos on the device itself. So I'd rather tackle that all at once in a larger update.

Mike

Wow - thanks so much for the great support!