• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of all tablets used
MobileSheets is not available for iPad at this time. I have a goal of releasing it for iPad next year if all goes well.

Mike
Lenovo IdeaPad S6000-F
Android 4.2.2
10,1"
32 GB
Hi music makers. New guy here.
I am awaiting delivery of an Acer DA220HQL. ($320.oo)
It's a 21.5" Android based all-in-one multi touch computer.
I chose to buy this for Mobile reader with the intention of side-by-side sheet viewing.
It's a very thin unit that can be mounted easily to a stand, and is about the same LxW dimensions as the top part of my Hamilton music stand. I am buying a snap on detachable monitor mount for the stand and pre-wiring the stand to have a simple accessible power chord built in. (no battery operation).
Asise from the power, It's kinda like a big tablet. At 10 lbs - it's heavy for a tablet, but not as heavy as other all in one computers. A bit of a tradeoff for side-by-side viewing but worth it to me. These are made with 8GB internal flash memory OR an 8GB HD. I prefer the flash for mobile durability. It's no powerhouse PC, and reviews suffer for it's specs. But it looks good enough for Mobilereader.
See it;
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/80...droid.html
[Image: IMG_325344.jpg]
[Image: IMG_325346.jpg]
I'm one of the 5.77% on the TF300T Big Grin

We are the almost 6% *raised fist*
hi guys, newbie here, i'm about to buy a tablet, is 16gb enough memory for MS, cheers
(12-01-2013, 07:28 AM)art Wrote: hi guys, newbie here, i'm about to buy a tablet, is 16gb enough memory for MS, cheers
This should help.
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...hp?tid=179

Also search a few threads about scanning (resolution etc.) if that is what you are doing, or make some estimates of your PDFs, and then how many pages you will eventually have.
Hi all. I'm in the midst of researching a tablet and this is all very helpful. I'm leaning toward a 13" tablet but I have some concerns. I play both in dark rooms and well lit rooms, so brightness is important. All of the 13" tabs seem to be 1280x800 and there have been comments online about the lack of resolution in these and in some cases concern about brightness. On the other hand, a better screen at 10.1" is an alternative, but would I regret the smaller screen size? There are users of both on this site and any thoughts would be very helpful.

Thanks
(12-05-2013, 01:53 AM)gregav2 Wrote: ....would I regret the smaller screen size?

My tablet has a resolution of 1280x800 and this has proved more than adequate for the purpose actually, it's fine videos as well).

MS has a 'reverse colours' option, so you would get (normally) white dots on a black screen. I use this option most of the time, it reduces the glare in dark rooms and is more comfortable to view.

My opinion is you would definitely regret not getting the larger size.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(12-05-2013, 03:47 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 01:53 AM)gregav2 Wrote: ....would I regret the smaller screen size?

My tablet has a resolution of 1280x800 and this has proved more than adequate for the purpose actually, it's fine videos as well).

MS has a 'reverse colours' option, so you would get (normally) white dots on a black screen. I use this option most of the time, it reduces the glare in dark rooms and is more comfortable to view.

My opinion is you would definitely regret not getting the larger size.

Thanks Graeme. Is your tablet bright enough in well lit rooms? Also, does it have bluetooth? None of the specs I've found show that it has it.
(12-05-2013, 10:43 PM)gregav2 Wrote: Is your tablet bright enough in well lit rooms? Also, does it have bluetooth? None of the specs I've found show that it has it.

No problem is a brightly lit room. Although I haven't needed to try it, I suspect it would be OK in daylight (although I suspect direct sunlight would be pushing it a bit too far).

It does have BT, although I don't use it. I prefer to use a wired USB pedal - one thing less to go wrong Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I'm using the Archos familypad2. I picked up a cheapo foot pedal for $10 bucks... and I love this setup. Archos tech support has been great. I keep my tablet in a pelican 1085 case and just throw it in my trunk. On breaks, I just take the familypad off my music stand and put it in the pelican case. I've got all the real books and the books of a couple of bands I play in on it. Kind of a pain at first to scan it all in.. but it has really paid off.

LOVE IT!

[Image: 1zbusyp.jpg]

(08-11-2013, 04:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I think it would be really helpful to have a list of all the devices in use. The play store lists the following information:

Samsung Galaxy Tab II 10.1 (espresso10wifi)
13.18%

Google Nexus 7 (grouper)
5.85%

Asus ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T (TF300T)
5.77%

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (p4notewifiww)
5.13%

Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 (TF101)
4.72%

GT-P7510
4.70%

Asus TF201 (TF201)
3.65%

Acer Picasso (picasso)
3.65%

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (p4notewifi)
3.54%

Others
49.80%

So, considering 50% of my users are using tablets identified as "other", it would be useful to know what those actually are Smile
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with Wifi+3G and am quite happy with it.
I am not really using 3G - and for me, 10'' is a little bit too small - maybe I will switch to a 13.3'' tablet although they are really rare....
(12-09-2013, 05:56 PM)bt017 Wrote: I'm using the Archos familypad2. I picked up a cheapo foot pedal for $10 bucks... and I love this setup. Archos tech support has been great. I keep my tablet in a pelican 1085 case and just throw it in my trunk. On breaks, I just take the familypad off my music stand and put it in the pelican case. I've got all the real books and the books of a couple of bands I play in on it. Kind of a pain at first to scan it all in.. but it has really paid off.

LOVE IT!

[Image: 1zbusyp.jpg]

(08-11-2013, 04:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I think it would be really helpful to have a list of all the devices in use. The play store lists the following information:

Samsung Galaxy Tab II 10.1 (espresso10wifi)
13.18%

Google Nexus 7 (grouper)
5.85%

Asus ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T (TF300T)
5.77%

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (p4notewifiww)
5.13%

Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 (TF101)
4.72%

GT-P7510
4.70%

Asus TF201 (TF201)
3.65%

Acer Picasso (picasso)
3.65%

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (p4notewifi)
3.54%

Others
49.80%

So, considering 50% of my users are using tablets identified as "other", it would be useful to know what those actually are Smile

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
That is good to know the Archos familypad2 works well. That could be the "go to" tablet. I guess I would prefer 16gb memory just to be safe.

I am pretty happy with my Toshiba Excite 13 (off the market?). But, definitely want a 13 inch screen.

Maybe I will pick that up as a back up at some point.

Jeff
Maybe an online survey would be more analyzable than many posts in a forum.
Do you want to open a survey with one of the many portals?
Relevant required data could be: type, size (inches), display (e.g. 1280x800), Android version, ...

Another way of collecting this data would be a wiki.

Or just another would be an enhancement of the software itself. In the "About" section of the configuration you have an "email to support". You also could place a "send system data" with an explanation text what data you want to send and why.