• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
end repeat stamp missing?
This evening I needed to use annotations to add a repeated section to an existing piece of music.  I found the repeat start symbol easily enough (page 5 of the Standard stamps, or page 1 of the Jazz stamps), but I can't find a repeat end symbol anywhere.  If it's there, please tell me where to find it; if not, I hereby request that it be added.  I realize that the repeat start symbol could just be rotated 180 degrees, but I don't think there's a way to rotate stamps in the annotation editor (I'd be pleased to be wrong about that if it already exists; if not, this is explicitly not a feature request. :-)

...and while I'm asking for help anyway, I just discovered a new problem that I can't figure out how to solve on my own.  I just finished using the end bar annotation along with a pair of staccato symbols to fake an repeat end.  That part worked just fine.  But while doing it I opened the stamp list from the radial menu, and somehow I moved it to the top of the screen -- so close to that top that I can't see the top bar for the floating window, which means I can't seem to close it.  It doesn't close by itself when I leave and return to the annotation editor.  I've tried pressing and long-pressing on every part of the window that I can see, without finding a way to move it or a way to close it.  Help?

- Steven
(04-14-2021, 10:48 AM)smw Wrote: This evening I needed to use annotations to add a repeated section to an existing piece of music.  I found the repeat start symbol easily enough (page 5 of the Standard stamps, or page 1 of the Jazz stamps), but I can't find a repeat end symbol anywhere.  If it's there, please tell me where to find it; if not, I hereby request that it be added.  I realize that the repeat start symbol could just be rotated 180 degrees, but I don't think there's a way to rotate stamps in the annotation editor (I'd be pleased to be wrong about that if it already exists; if not, this is explicitly not a feature request. :-)

...and while I'm asking for help anyway, I just discovered a new problem that I can't figure out how to solve on my own.  I just finished using the end bar annotation along with a pair of staccato symbols to fake an repeat end.  That part worked just fine.  But while doing it I opened the stamp list from the radial menu, and somehow I moved it to the top of the screen -- so close to that top that I can't see the top bar for the floating window, which means I can't seem to close it.  It doesn't close by itself when I leave and return to the annotation editor.  I've tried pressing and long-pressing on every part of the window that I can see, without finding a way to move it or a way to close it.  Help?

- Steven

Version 3.1.0 has both repeat ends on page 5 of the standard collection, at least in the e-ink version.
What device/version do you have?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(04-14-2021, 12:42 PM)palosanto Wrote: Version 3.1.0 has both repeat ends on page 5 of the standard collection, at least in the e-ink version.

Version 3.0.9 on a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (Android) tablet. As far as I know that's the most recent version available for this device.
(04-14-2021, 12:45 PM)smw Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:42 PM)palosanto Wrote: Version 3.1.0 has both repeat ends on page 5 of the standard collection, at least in the e-ink version.

Version 3.0.9 on a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (Android) tablet. As far as I know that's the most recent version available for this device.

I also have a Galaxy Note pro with 3.0.9.
Again, both symbols are on page 5 almost at the bottom.   Although only the open symbol is in the jazz collection.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Donner BT pedal
(04-14-2021, 01:28 PM)palosanto Wrote: I also have a Galaxy Note pro with 3.0.9.
Again, both symbols are on page 5 almost at the bottom.   Although only the open symbol is in the jazz collection.

Thank you for confirming that.  Something very bizarre is going on.  I also have 3.0.9 installed on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy Note 9), and I just confirmed that I can't see the repeat end symbol there either.  The attached screen shot is from my phone, but the tablet looks similar (except for the annotation page number, which is 5 on the tablet but 10 on the phone's much smaller screen).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-14-2021, 01:38 PM)smw Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:28 PM)palosanto Wrote: I also have a Galaxy Note pro with 3.0.9.

Thank you for confirming that.  Something very bizarre is going on.  I also have 3.0.9 installed on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy Note 9), and I just confirmed that I can't see the repeat end symbol there either.  The attached screen shot is from my phone, but the tablet looks similar (except for the annotation page number, which is 5 on the tablet but 10 on the phone's much smaller screen).

Definitely weird ...
I don't have an answer, sorry.
Donner BT pedal
The font file for the stamps changed several versions back to add in the missing repeat stamp. If you tap on a stamp in the list, then tap on it again, you'll see an option to "Reset all lists". This will load the default stamps configuration file and you should then see the repeat stamp you are looking for. The reason I couldn't just reset this for all users as part of the update is it would have cleared out user's custom orderings.

As far as the second issue, if you tap the second icon in the toolbar to collapse it, does that give you access to the stamp window so you can move it? The stamp window shouldn't be able to be dragged off the screen. If that doesn't help, if you rotate your tablet, the code should do a check to make sure the window isn't off the screen. Does that fix the problem?

Mike
(04-14-2021, 04:21 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: [...] If you tap on a stamp in the list, then tap on it again, you'll see an option to "Reset all lists". This will load the default stamps configuration file and you should then see the repeat stamp you are looking for. [...]

As far as the second issue, if you tap the second icon in the toolbar to collapse it, does that give you access to the stamp window so you can move it? [...]

Thank you!  This solved both my issues.

Although, like Palosanto, I'm now in a position where the Standard set has both repeat symbols but the Jazz set still has only the repeat start. That's not a problem for me (I generally use the Standard set anyway), but it's something I thought I should mention in case you weren't aware.
I'll write up a bug report to deal with that when time allows. It won't be a high priority unless I get a lot of feedback that users need that.

Mike
(04-14-2021, 05:20 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll write up a bug report to deal with that when time allows. It won't be a high priority unless I get a lot of feedback that users need that.

Mike

I need that ... sometimes.
I was a bit stumped today when a fellow MSPler asked me at rehearsal where he can find the end repeat stamp after the update,

I'm on w10 3.27. The fellow MSPler is on Android (but I didn't ask for the version; I assume the current). In neither I could find it. Did a bug come back?
(08-26-2021, 07:27 AM)BRX Wrote: I was a bit stumped today when a fellow MSPler asked me at rehearsal where he can find the end repeat stamp after the update,

I'm on w10 3.27. The fellow MSPler is on Android (but I didn't ask for the version; I assume the current). In neither I could find it. Did a bug come back?

It's not a bug in the code, it's that the end repeat stamp was missing from the stamps data file. That file has since been updated, but the update isn't automatically visible because making it so would have discarded custom stamp orderings for people who had them.

This is discussed in reply #7 above [ https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...7#pid33017 ], and the advice in the first paragraph fixed this problem for me.
Thanks, that did it. Skimming the thread I missed #7.

(But it is still missing for me in the Jazz set, as mentioned above as well)
Hallo Mike,
i use the Jazz Symbols and i am missing the repeat stamp in Jazz format.
Please repair the bug.
Thanks Dirk
I'll adjust that for the next update. The jazz font didn't come with the end repeat stamp, so I edited it, copied the start repeat stamp and flipped it horizontally. The next update should automatically insert the missing stamp into the config file so that it shows up in the Jazz section of the stamps window, but if anyone doesn't see the stamp after updating, you may need to reset the list. To do this, tap a stamp, tap it again and select "Reset all lists". Then the stamp should show up.

Mike