• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug: current content disappears when editing field
I consistently experience this bug when editing some fields, be it in Settings or editing a song/piece:

moving cursor to the end of the field content erases the whole content of the field.
For example, when editing a song title, if I move the cursor to the end of the content box, all the content disappears.
I had the same problem this morning when editing Piece Title Formatting in Library Settings.
I can't attach a screen recording, so I uploaded to YT: https://youtu.be/-r3S9LJHivM

This was first noticed with 3.1.6 and is still ocurring with 3.1.8
There is supposed to be an "X" at the far right side of the field that, when tapped, clears it. I'm guessing there is an issue with the theme in the e-ink version where the X is displayed as white on a white background (as it's a white X on a black background in the normal MobileSheetsPro version), so it's invisible. If you avoid tapping on the far right side of the field, it shouldn't clear anything. I'll work on getting that fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
I just checked on my Boox Max 2 Pro and the X shows up fine. I'm guessing you have the BOOX optimizations enabled for MobileSheetsPro. As mentioned in other threads, you should disable those if they are currently enabled. To do this, long press MobileSheetsPro on the home page, click "Optimize App", then go to the last tab and there should be a switch to turn all the optimizations off. Alternatively, you can just switch off some of the settings. This should hopefully fix the issue with the X not showing up properly on your device.  If that's not the problem, I can't imagine what else would be causing it not to show up on your device, but I'll have to do some investigation in that case, as then it may be related to the OS version.

Mike
It looks like one of the icons wasn't updated properly for the e-ink version, so depending on the currently resolution of the device and the density/DPI (dots per inch), it might use the one icon that happens to be white when it should be black (there are multiple copies of each icon, each one suited for different density screens). So hopefully this issue will disappear with the next update.

Mike
(05-19-2021, 10:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is supposed to be an "X" at the far right side of the field that, when tapped, clears it. I'm guessing there is an issue with the theme in the e-ink version where the X is displayed as white on a white background (as it's a white X on a black background in the normal MobileSheetsPro version), so it's invisible. If you avoid tapping on the far right side of the field, it shouldn't clear anything. I'll work on getting that fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

I wasn't aware of the 'X' indeed. After fiddling with the 'Whiten app backgrounds' settings of the Max Lumi, I was able to bring up the 'X'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)