• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorites in W10 is not restored from tablet backup created from Companion
When I restored my full MobileSheets Pro file from the backup from the tablet made with Companion the Favorite list is empty.  I have 4 pages of favorite annotations.

I have re-booted after install.  I did first try out the trial version, and then purchased it today.  My laptop is a touch screen but not the Samsung Wacom compatible unfortunately, but everything else at first glance seems to work. I restore ALL files, setting etc, so I have to turn off the stylus to do any editing.

Is there a setting I am missing.  

Thanks
That's very strange that you are not seeing your favorites after restoring the backup file, as the favorites should certainly be included with that if you checked the option on the backup dialog to backup the settings. If you did not backup the settings, then the favorites would not be included. The favorites are stored in the storage location (C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState by default) in the stamplists.json file. If you want to restore the backup file and send your stamplists.json file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. Alternatively, if you want me to look at the backup file, I can do that too. 

Mike
(10-31-2021, 08:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's very strange that you are not seeing your favorites after restoring the backup file, as the favorites should certainly be included with that if you checked the option on the backup dialog to backup the settings. If you did not backup the settings, then the favorites would not be included. The favorites are stored in the storage location (C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState by default) in the stamplists.json file. If you want to restore the backup file and send your stamplists.json file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. Alternatively, if you want me to look at the backup file, I can do that too. 

Mike

Thanks, sorry it's been crazy.

I was doing all the editing on my Samsung S7+ tablet. I was also backing it up to my older Samsung NotePro 12.4.  I just checked the NotePro and the favorites are not there either.  The options when backing up are checked.

If the source of the file and all the work is on the S7+ and I restore that file to the W10 version or the older NotePro 12.4 will the files that are backed on the S7+ and restored on the W10 or NotePro include the favorites.  Or do I need to copy the favorite's file manually.

I will likely do some editing on the W10 but the NotePRo is for backup use only.  If something happens to my S7+ I can pull the NotePro out of my gig bag and save the day.  That is why I never noticed it missing on the NotePro, I just verified that it worked like the S7+.

Thanks again.
Ray
Yes, if you restore a backup from the S7+ where the favorites reside on one of the other devices, the favorites should be included with that.

Mike
(11-04-2021, 12:52 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, if you restore a backup from the S7+ where the favorites reside on one of the other devices, the favorites should be included with that.

Mike

Last night in my studio downstairs I have my wife's old NotePRo 12.4 which I used for practice mostly for ireal pro but since using MobileSheets the only thing I use is my newer S7+.  I do keep the old one usually with a current copy of the MobileSheets file.

It's been a couple of weeks when I last restored on that old NotePro and when I checked it the favorites were there.  When I restored from the most recent backup from Google Drive favorites were empty.  When I created a few favorites and backed up to the device and restored from the device it kept the favorites, when I then restored again from the cloud favorites was empty.

My NotePro12.2 that I carry as a backup on gigs was restored from my laptop via the Companion app.  The results are the same.

This seems to be a new issue as prior versions of the app did transfer the favorites via backup/restore.

Just to Clarify, the main file is the one on the Samsung S7+ that is where I do almost all my editing with MobileSheets.  I have not done any editing on the NotePro's, and because the favorites don't restore to the W10 I have not done any editing there at all (W10 version purchased a few days prior to posting).  I have experimented with editing but nothing worth saving since I have no favorites.

So the only place where the favorites actually reside at this time is on my S7+.  The backup file is 911mb.  I copied the stamplists.json file on the S7+ to my W10 and it still showed empty Favorites.  BUT the file date was 9-16-21 and I have made massive additions and changes to the favorites over the last few weeks.  I purchased the android version I think in August, perhaps very early September but I used favorites very quickly to standardize the highlighting and box sizes.  There is over 2700 lines when the file is viewed in a note editor.

The backup file is too large to email.  Unfortunately I overwrote the original stamplists.json on the W10 dated more recently with the 9-16-21 version from the S7+ but neither had any content.  

Did something change with the updates or am I more likely missing a setting.  It always reverts to 

Mobile Companion is v3.1.4  I think it might have updated since I first loaded it when I purchased the android version.  It says it's up to date

Thanks
There does seem to be an issue then. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Mike
(11-05-2021, 05:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There does seem to be an issue then. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Mike

Thanks a bunch Mike

Let me know if you need a file or something

Ray
So it looks like this issue is isolated to creating and restoring backups with the companion app. If you create the backup file on the device itself in MobileSheetsPro under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transfer the backup file to the other devices, then restore them in MobileSheets, you won't encounter any problems transferring favorites. I'll work on getting this fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
(11-05-2021, 09:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So it looks like this issue is isolated to creating and restoring backups with the companion app. If you create the backup file on the device itself in MobileSheetsPro under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transfer the backup file to the other devices, then restore them in MobileSheets, you won't encounter any problems transferring favorites. I'll work on getting this fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike.

Works by backing up on S7+ device and copying file to laptop and to the Backup NotePro.  This does make me appreciate the Companion app.

The reason I had trouble in the studio device is the original source of the file on Google drive was the backup to the laptop which was sent to google drive as it was faster on a CAT5 then from wifi on the tablet. Now Google drive has the "good" backup copy.  In the beginning I backed up to Google drive directly from the tablet, but the screens used to time out so it was easier and faster from the laptop. 

Thanks for the work around.

Ray
(11-05-2021, 01:54 PM)Bass4Gsus Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 09:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So it looks like this issue is isolated to creating and restoring backups with the companion app. If you create the backup file on the device itself in MobileSheetsPro under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transfer the backup file to the other devices, then restore them in MobileSheets, you won't encounter any problems transferring favorites. I'll work on getting this fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike.

Works by backing up on S7+ device and copying file to laptop and to the Backup NotePro.  This does make me appreciate the Companion app.

The reason I had trouble in the studio device is the original source of the file on Google drive was the backup to the laptop which was sent to google drive as it was faster on a CAT5 then from wifi on the tablet. Now Google drive has the "good" backup copy.  In the beginning I backed up to Google drive directly from the tablet, but the screens used to time out so it was easier and faster from the laptop. 

Thanks for the work around.

Ray

@Zubersoft
Mike

Just loaded the update.  The favorites backed up and restored over the companion app great.  Thanks for the quick response!

While it is slower than a wired connection it is much more convenient as all the devices still have different plugs and I like to keep the devices on the same backup version.  1.1 gig takes a while over the Wifi vs wire.  And I'm still adding!

A lot of great ideas built this software that you made happen.  I learn a new trick every day.

Thanks
Ray