• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
Hi Mike,
currently using MobileSheets on Windows (Surface Book 2). I would be happy testing ton my new iPad
Thanks
Frank
If you are still accepting beta testers, count me in! Thanks.
I'll certainly do that. Thanks to all of you for patiently waiting for the beta to start. I've been fighting through a lot of issues with converting the UI from Android to iOS, especially when it comes to custom components that I've designed. I'm not the biggest fan of how Apple designed their UI framework and the hoops you have to jump through to get UI layouts to behave correctly, so it's taking longer than I would have liked to get through all of the conversions.

Mike
(05-10-2022, 05:57 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll certainly do that. Thanks to all of you for patiently waiting for the beta to start. I've been fighting through a lot of issues with converting the UI from Android to iOS, especially when it comes to custom components that I've designed. I'm not the biggest fan of how Apple designed their UI framework and the hoops you have to jump through to get UI layouts to behave correctly, so it's taking longer than I would have liked to get through all of the conversions.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I think I’m the first that only has a iPad, used to forScore, but since i only use my tablet for sheet music, it does not justify a bigger iPad Pro. I’m thinking about buying Samsung s7 se, and I did see a lot of good things with friends using mobile sheets (and I would love vertical scrolling, because turning pages quick by hand is horror) forward always works but back I always end up playing the wrong sheet), but would like to test the app before buying a tablet. So testing on my iPad would be really nice to see if I would dare to step into Android world. So if I can join the beta would be really cool! I allready have TestFlight. I understand the difference between a bug and something that just work differently. 

Thanks and good luck with development ??

Harold
Oh this is great!  This is going to give ForScore some serious competition.  ForScore has some useful tools like the on-screen piano keyboard, but their library organization is abysmal.
If you're still taking signups for beta testing, I'd like to participate.
I'll definitely add you to the list. ForScore has most of the market on iOS I think, at least for those wanting to manage sheet music, so I hope I can just provide an alternative for those that like the way MobileSheets handles the library management. The nice thing is that users don't have to pick just one app, although due to the fact that scores can't easily transferred between the apps, it does make it hard for users to switch. I'm still disappointed that I reached out to ForScore years ago about making our apps interoperable and they ignored my request.

Mike
(05-16-2022, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll definitely add you to the list. ForScore has most of the market on iOS I think, at least for those wanting to manage sheet music, so I hope I can just provide an alternative for those that like the way MobileSheets handles the library management. The nice thing is that users don't have to pick just one app, although due to the fact that scores can't easily transferred between the apps, it does make it hard for users to switch. I'm still disappointed that I reached out to ForScore years ago about making our apps interoperable and they ignored my request.

Mike

MobileSheets library management is superb. Kudos for what you have built. I'm also thrilled that you plan to maintain library compatibility across platforms. I use Windows, iOS, and Android devices for various reasons, so being able to share a common database across all three is a killer feature. I already share my sheet music databases (as large as ~240MB) between Android and Windows today... have been doing so for several years now. Absolutely indispensable to me. I'd love to give the iOS Beta a try when it becomes available.

To add to the discussion... in addition to ForScore, OnSong appears to be a widely popular music lead sheet app on iOS, particularly with folks who are less apt to use "classical" music notation.
Hi, I would also like to be a beta tester. I used mobilesheets for years on a surface pro, now I have it on my android phone for the file management and have to search in a mess of google drive files on my ipad. Excited for Mobilesheets to be available on ipad!
(05-16-2022, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The nice thing is that users don't have to pick just one app, although due to the fact that scores can't easily transferred between the apps, it does make it hard for users to switch. I'm still disappointed that I reached out to ForScore years ago about making our apps interoperable and they ignored my request.

Mike

Any thoughts on migrating? If I understand you correctly, I can only migrate using pdf? this would mean I have to merge my notes / edits to the pdf and import in Mobilesheets?
This would mean lots of work because I always try to maintain the original score, so need to do this all over (or accept my changes)

Must say, with forescore I'm quitte happy having the cloud sync option. The bad news about that, is that it seems to have a bug.
My setlist duplicates everytime(so now have 70 duplicates)   Sad

I normally used to add and manage library on my macbook(now I dont have one anymore, this is a problem...) Also was able to edit / comment in the scores. Using my ipad during playing. And when drinking whiskey on the couch, watching/listening youtube video's on tv and reading the scores on my phone. Not sure what my workflow would look like with Mobilesheets.

Mobilesheets sounds promising , but I only have ipad and  iphone at this moment, and a desktop PCSmile
(05-20-2022, 08:01 PM)beanyzz Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The nice thing is that users don't have to pick just one app, although due to the fact that scores can't easily transferred between the apps, it does make it hard for users to switch. I'm still disappointed that I reached out to ForScore years ago about making our apps interoperable and they ignored my request.

Mike

Any thoughts on migrating? If I understand you correctly, I can only migrate using pdf? this would mean I have to merge my notes / edits to the pdf and import in Mobilesheets?
This would mean lots of work because I always try to maintain the original score, so need to do this all over (or accept my changes)

Must say, with forescore I'm quitte happy having the cloud sync option. The bad news about that, is that it seems to have a bug.
My setlist duplicates everytime(so now have 70 duplicates)   Sad

I normally used to add and manage library on my macbook(now I dont have one anymore, this is a problem...) Also was able to edit / comment in the scores. Using my ipad during playing. And when drinking whiskey on the couch, watching/listening youtube video's on tv and reading the scores on my phone. Not sure what my workflow would look like with Mobilesheets.

Mobilesheets sounds promising , but I only have ipad and  iphone at this moment, and a desktop PCSmile

The app already exists on windows so you can edit from your pc. There won't be a companion app for Mac yet anyway. He says you will be able to sync your library between iPad and windows. It shouldn't take too long to export all files without annotation to PDF, and then also export all files to PDF with annotations. But I don't have forscore so I'm not 100% sure about that.
For a few years, I've used a Windows Surface, really for just three reasons:

Read/organize sheet music with Mobilesheets pro.
Read the NYT (with an app that mirrors the daily paper).
Occasional web-surfing when i don't happen to have a laptop or desktop handy.

The NYT app now is no longer available on the Surface.  I've noticed 1-2 other apps I'd like to use that are also not available on the Surface.  So, suddenly the only real use of my Surface is Mobilesheets.   If Mobilesheets will work on an ipad, I will seriously consider buying an ipad for the first time.
(05-21-2022, 12:04 AM)denisewright Wrote: The app already exists on windows so you can edit from your pc. There won't be a companion app for Mac yet anyway. He says you will be able to sync your library between iPad and windows. It shouldn't take too long to export all files without annotation to PDF, and then also export all files to PDF with annotations. But I don't have forscore so I'm not 100% sure about that.

You can edit and make notes with the companion on windows?
That would be nice, will give it a try tomorrow to see if that works.
Don’t have a android nor the beta on ios so can’t really try, but can start converting my database then.

For the beta to work, do you need to have a payed android version? Because i currently don’t own a android yet.  If it works nice I will soon get a Samsung , probably the tab s7 fe, that was a nice price for a big screen and a pen.
(05-22-2022, 06:13 AM)beanyzz Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 12:04 AM)denisewright Wrote: The app already exists on windows so you can edit from your pc. There won't be a companion app for Mac yet anyway. He says you will be able to sync your library between iPad and windows. It shouldn't take too long to export all files without annotation to PDF, and then also export all files to PDF with annotations. But I don't have forscore so I'm not 100% sure about that.

You can edit and make notes with the companion on windows?
That would be nice, will give it a try tomorrow to see if that works.
Don’t have a android nor the beta on ios so can’t really try, but can start converting my database then.

For the beta to work, do you need to have a payed android version? Because i currently don’t own a android yet.  If it works nice I will soon get a Samsung , probably the tab s7 fe, that was a nice price for a big screen and a pen.
You can do anything on the windows app because it's not a companion app, it's the same exact app. You don't need the android version, unless you want to run it on an andorid device. But if you want the app on windows and ipad you will have to buy it twice (once for windows, once for ipad). There is no beta for ios yet but you can download the full app on windows. I used it for years on a Surface Pro.
I thought the beta was all-ready here? I can’t take my windows to rehearsal so buying the windows app is not very useful.  I will wait and use forScore for now. Or maybe if I buy android before that.
(05-22-2022, 08:17 AM)beanyzz Wrote: I thought the beta was all-ready here? I can’t take my windows to rehearsal so buying the windows app is not very useful.  I will wait and use forScore for now. Or maybe if I buy android before that.

no, there's no beta yet. You said you wanted to edit on your PC, so that's what you would need the windows app for. But yah, until there is an ipad beta or you get an android tablet, having it on windows won't do much for you other than to start getting your files organized in the app.