• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link points and pedals
Managed to get the pedals operating the link points but only across different pages.  The pedals aren't having any effect when the link from/to are both on the same page although the links operate normally when touched with finger.  Is this to do with my pedal settings?

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Works fine for me. What is your pedal setting? Mine is 'Activate link point or turn page' and 'start/stop autoscroll'. It also worked with 'activate next link'. This is in landscape, scroll continuously to end, vertical scrolling, fit width. My pedal is the Pageflip Cicada.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
My pedal setting is as yours - Activate link point or turn page. I have also tried - Activate next link and that doesn't work on either multiple or single page link points. Curious!!! I'll keep on trying but any more suggestions will be welcome.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Have you tried a different setting on your pedal itself?
Samsung S7+, Android 12
My pedal is one of those cheap 3 pedal USB units from the far east. Whilst the instructions are a poor translation they seem obvious. I have the three pedals linked to left/right/down arrows. They work fine linking from one page to another but not within the same page. The links themselves are fine as they work by pressing on the button with the finger.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
I wonder if the mouse settings in the app affect the usb pedal actions? Other than that I'm out of ideas, maybe someone will come along with more help.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
John,

If you tap the "Keys" field for one of the pedal entries, then tap "Clear", and press one of the pedals, does it show the key you expect? I want to make sure the key->action mapping is being set up correctly.

Mike
(04-20-2015, 04:27 AM)Skip Wrote: Works fine for me. What is your pedal setting? Mine is 'Activate link point or turn page' and 'start/stop autoscroll'. It also worked with 'activate next link'. This is in landscape, scroll continuously to end, vertical scrolling, fit width. My pedal is the Pageflip Cicada.

(04-20-2015, 11:42 AM)Zuberman Wrote: John,

If you tap the "Keys" field for one of the pedal entries, then tap "Clear", and press one of the pedals, does it show the key you expect? I want to make sure the key->action mapping is being set up correctly.

Mike

Yes, it shows the key that I expect.  By the way, did I put this query in the wrong section, I am using MS Pro.
John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(04-20-2015, 04:27 AM)Skip Wrote: Works fine for me. What is your pedal setting? Mine is 'Activate link point or turn page' and 'start/stop autoscroll'. It also worked with 'activate next link'. This is in landscape, scroll continuously to end, vertical scrolling, fit width. My pedal is the Pageflip Cicada.

(04-20-2015, 06:45 PM)namder Wrote:

(04-20-2015, 11:42 AM)Zuberman Wrote: John,

Mike

Yes, it shows the key that I expect.  By the way, did I put this query in the wrong section, I am using MS Pro.
John

Hi Mike

Just playing around after the new update and find that the pedals activate the link points on the same page only when in landscape mode, both when they are in the same viewable section and in separate sections of the same page.  My problem is they don't work in portrait mode when contained on the same page.  I only use portrait mode.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Activate link point or turn page seems to work fine for me, but I'm going to need to look over the "Activate Next Link" setting. I think it was designed so that it would handle jumping to the next start link point, and if you press it again, it would then go to the end of that link.

You say you want to jump to another point on the same page in portrait mode. Are you zooming in order to get the page larger than the screen in portrait mode? I'm wondering if zooming may be throwing things off.

Thanks,
Mike

(04-22-2015, 06:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Activate link point or turn page seems to work fine for me, but I'm going to need to look over the "Activate Next Link" setting. I think it was designed so that it would handle jumping to the next start link point, and if you press it again, it would then go to the end of that link.

You say you want to jump to another point on the same page in portrait mode. Are you zooming in order to get the page larger than the screen in portrait mode? I'm wondering if zooming may be throwing things off.

Thanks,
Mike
As I said before, the link points work fine when the "from & to" are on different pages.  As I have to perform a lot of sight reading, I worked out that it was useful to link the repeats on the same page as this attracts the eye to the beginning of the repeat.  Once set up, pressing the "from" link with the finger, highlights the "to" link but the pedal does nothing.  However this works fine in portrait mode and in landscape model when the two link points are not visible on the same viewed area.  I used to insert a red X at the start and end points but I don't always have the time to do this between songs.  I am not zooming

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2

(04-22-2015, 06:58 PM)namder Wrote:

(04-22-2015, 06:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Activate link point or turn page seems to work fine for me, but I'm going to need to look over the "Activate Next Link" setting. I think it was designed so that it would handle jumping to the next start link point, and if you press it again, it would then go to the end of that link.

Thanks,
Mike
As I said before, the link points work fine when the "from & to" are on different pages.  As I have to perform a lot of sight reading, I worked out that it was useful to link the repeats on the same page as this attracts the eye to the beginning of the repeat.  Once set up, pressing the "from" link with the finger, highlights the "to" link but the pedal does nothing.  However this works fine in portrait mode and in landscape model when the two link points are not visible on the same viewed area.  I used to insert a red X at the start and end points but I don't always have the time to do this between songs.  I am not zooming

John

I have also noted that whilst the links set on different pages works fine, if I want to play the song again immediately afterwards, the link points don't work on the pedals but still work when pressed with the finger.  If I go back to the "recent" tab and select the song again, the links work fine -but of course only for the one time).

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2

(04-22-2015, 10:07 PM)namder Wrote:

(04-22-2015, 06:58 PM)namder Wrote:

Thanks,
Mike

John

I have also noted that whilst the links set on different pages works fine, if I want to play the song again immediately afterwards, the link points don't work on the pedals but still work when pressed with the finger.  If I go back to the "recent" tab and select the song again, the links work fine -but of course only for the one time).

John

Any solution yet Mike.  Last nights rehearsal was a bit of an embarrassment with having to reload the song to enable the link points to work.

John

Hurray!!! Don't suppose it's anything to do with my update today but the link point works fine now on multiple play through but still not when both links are on same page - perhaps something for the future.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
I'm submitting a bug report so I don't forget to address this issue. I'm glad your link points are working on multiple play throughs at lesat.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi everybody,

I encounter another problem with link points: They work fine if created in one row in a song.

But if I need another link before the last already existing and working link, then:

- the new link is not inserted in the link list in the right position, i.e. not before the preexisting last link - but at the end of the list

- the new link is not working, the older ones work as expected.

Maybe Mike could look into this? Or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,

Martin