• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Mobilesheets on a phone
I have using Mobilesheets on my tablet for so long now, I don't recall if it will work on a phone or not. I tried to find it in Google' store but it doesn't show up. Does this mean it won't work?

(my phone is a Huawei G600, 4.5" screen, Android 4.0x)
My impression is that only tablets are supported. I would really appreciate limited phone support. There are times when you only have phone and need to quickly access a lyric or chord sheet. Why not provide phone support with a disclaimer that full functionality requires... etc?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
(12-07-2013, 01:35 PM)gman Wrote: My impression is that only tablets are supported. I would really appreciate limited phone support. There are times when you only have phone and need to quickly access a lyric or chord sheet. Why not provide phone support with a disclaimer that full functionality requires... etc?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

I agree. I wonder what functionality won't work - aside from the obviously smaller screen space.
Just to confirm, that does work, albeit with some slight proportioning/scaling problems caused by the much smaller screen.

Here it is running on my old HTC Desire S:

[Image: 1jsc.jpg]

And in landscape mode:
[Image: m6xb.jpg]
I'm making a lot of layout changes in version 5. I'll have to try it on a phone and see how usable it really is. My concern is that I don't want people purchasing MobileSheets for their phone, and then spamming the store with 1 star reviews because it doesn't look very good (buttons overlapping/fields gone due to lack of space). Users that purchased it specifically for their phones would be the loudest complainers I'm sure. I'm not sure what I will do yet...

Mike
I think Mike is making a good point here. With the best will in the world, a mobile phone is not going to be a suitable device on which to run this sort of software and I have no doubt those trying it would start to complain - when they really should be looking to running the correct hardware.

MS is a practical solution to a practical problem that many musicians experience - carrying a lot of music around. By the same token, it should be run on practical hardware, it's not supposed to be a 'toy' for a telephone.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I'm not so sure anyone would try and use it solely on their phone expecting it to be particularly practical. As gman suggests, it'd really only be useful for chord charts or lyrics displays, but other apps exist for that and would probably be a better option. Usability may be slightly better on the larger "phablets" of course.
I understand Mike's concerns. Remember though, that phones have got a lot bigger, and are crossing over into tablet territory in some instances. I think it would be useful for lyric/chord sheets.

So, for now, is there any way I can force/trick it into running on my phone, since it isn't visible the app store?
The only way is to download it from SlideME or Amazon.
The way I suggested is quite straightforward, if the device it's already installed on is rooted.
(12-08-2013, 04:39 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm making a lot of layout changes in version 5. I'll have to try it on a phone and see how usable it really is. My concern is that I don't want people purchasing MobileSheets for their phone, and then spamming the store with 1 star reviews because it doesn't look very good (buttons overlapping/fields gone due to lack of space). Users that purchased it specifically for their phones would be the loudest complainers I'm sure. I'm not sure what I will do yet...

Mike

I hope you will make it for phones. I now use MobileSheets on a 21 HP slate I bought a year ago. It is not possible anymore to buy large android devices now. The slate is a heavy device. A 23¨ or even bigger screens are not so heavy and not expensive and can connect to a lot of phones. So I hope you can make it for phones. I hope you will also add google Chromecast connectivity. So I can use it wireless with my phone and a large screen (in a classroom).

Léon
I would have thought there were more large screen Android deivces now than ever before?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I just got a new Android phone and thought I'd try MobileSheets on it, and it downloaded and ran fine. Really great to have all my music on me all the time, even if I will probably only use it infrequently. The screen looks better in landscape mode, but its reasonably readable in portrait as well. I did a restore of a backup on my tablet, and this worked fine
I just noticed Mobilesheets Pro in the Google Play store on my (Samsung Galaxy 5) PHONE and installed it, then imported the backup from my (Samsung) tablet.
Seems to work fine! Thanks! While I probably won't use it as much as my tablet, it will be incredibly useful to check lyrics/chords, etc. when I'm away from my tablet.
Thanks for making it work on the Phone!
...Beth