• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import Problem - Error message
I am having difficulty doing batch imports of image files.

I am using an external SD card and my import path reflect this card.

The batch import process runs and shows that 20 songs have been loaded.

When I go to the song list, and tap one of the newly loaded songs, I get an error message.

When I look in the directory that the files should have been saved in, there are individual folders created for each song, but those folders are empty.

I then deleted all those songs, and reimported with the box unchecked to create folders for each song. Only the first song in the directory was imported and I get the following error message:

Import Batch Error:mnt/ext-sd/let's groove.jpg

My ext-se card path is correct and it is selected in my "utilities" settings,

My Batch Import settings are:

Import Directories" Dropbox/my chart files
"checked" copy PDF/Image files
Copy files to "removal storage"

I can successfully do an "add song", but then I have to do each song individually. I'm going to be adding 1000 songs to this program, and don't want to do each one.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I've also tried the following, as I was trying to import from Dropbox earlier and thought that might be the problem.

I've copied the files manually to my ext-SD care and then imported them into MS. When MS creates the folder for each song, it fails to create the actual jpeg or pdf file. Then I would need to move each jpg or pdf into the folder manually! That's worse than adding each song one at a time.

For whatever reason, when I batch import, only the 1st file gets imported correctly (folder and jpg or pdf) and the rest of the folders are empty.

Can someone from Zubersoft please weigh in on this? If I can't batch import all of my music files, this program is of no use to me.

My tablet is a Hannspree T7 10.1 with 16GB internal sd and 16GB ext-sd, running 4.1.1.
RJCookie,

I've responded to your emails. I can't seem to replicate this problem at all, no matter what options I choose or how I import the files. There is definitely an error occurring when MobileSheets is attempting to copy files, but I'm not sure what that error is on your tablet. I will have to dig through the code to see what I can do to address this, but it's going to be difficult if I can't reproduce it on my own devices.

Mike
Thank you Mike, I'll keep trying and if you find anything in the code that suggests a problem, please post here. I did receive your email, about the same time I was notified about the posting here.

(12-14-2013, 05:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: RJCookie,

I've responded to your emails. I can't seem to replicate this problem at all, no matter what options I choose or how I import the files. There is definitely an error occurring when MobileSheets is attempting to copy files, but I'm not sure what that error is on your tablet. I will have to dig through the code to see what I can do to address this, but it's going to be difficult if I can't reproduce it on my own devices.

Mike
Mike,

I've gone through all the steps yet again, to see if there's anything I'm doing that might be incorrect and it appears that I'm not. Now I'm changing some parameters, and have had some success, but not without the creation of another problem, almost as bad as the original.

Here's another development.

By changing the setting in the "batch import" screen and unchecking "subdirectories for each song", I can now import all 20 files at one time.

Here's the "new problem". the new songs appear in my library page, there are TWO versions of them.

The first begins with ".songname" and that file generates an "error loading file" message.

The second begins with just the "song name" and loads properly.

My file browser indicates there are 40 files, however there are only 20 shown, until I show "hidden" files and then the .version of those files are shown.

Why is Mobilesheets creating the .version on import? Now, I still have to go into the song library and manually DELETE all the .versions that create the error message.

I've also PM, this back to you.

Thanks.

Ray
Ray,

That is even more bizarre. I have no clue why you are seeing that, but I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Mike
re RJCooke - I have recently purchased a Samsung 12.2 Note pro and am also experiencing similar difficulties in batch importing. I am trying to import a folder with around 800 files [pdf] - the import is successful but mobile sheets duplicates each of the files and prefixes them with ._ prior to the filename. If you try to open one of the files denoted ._ mobile sheets closes.
(07-17-2014, 08:51 AM)strollingplayer Wrote: re RJCooke - I have recently purchased a Samsung 12.2 Note pro and am also experiencing similar difficulties in batch importing. I am trying to import a folder with around 800 files [pdf] - the import is successful but mobile sheets duplicates each of the files and prefixes them with ._ prior to the filename. If you try to open one of the files denoted ._ mobile sheets closes.

Same problem here :
- Imported a 6 pages sheet in .jpg form without problem,
- Failed to import a 2 pages jpg sheet.
Also both imports duplicated with ._ prior to file name.

I can transmit the .jpg of both sheets to you as this problem needs to be solved.
The import of .jpg sheets is a very convenient solution.
I think I found a solution that worked for me :
- SDCARD1 : Create 2 files : IMPORTSHEETS and MOBILESHEETS
- Goto : OPTIONS/UTILITIES/BATCH IMPORT
- Crossmark : SDCARD1/IMPORTSHEETS and SDCARD1/MOBILESHEETS
- Crossmark : MobileSheets Files,
- OK
- CHECK : "Copy PDF/PNG---->Storage Amovible"
- OK or ENTER

The ._xxxfile is still there (just delete it), but you should see your .PNG files correctly copied and correctly displayed even if you had several .PNG for your sheet.

I hope I am clear enough as I am not English fluent....
The problem was probably that when running the Batch Import process, the origine and destination are not properly filled, the soft returns : 0 transfer and Mobilesheets = Mobilewithoutsheets.

It is certainly possible to use directly SDCARD1 instead of SDCARD to store the Sheets, but I spent enough time with these PNG's transfer....

It is useful if like me you want to have your sheets on a Phablet (Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Ultra, HTC Max...).
With Phablets you have to use the sheet horizontally, so you have to cut each page in Halves.
For that, on my Macbook I key : Cmd/Shift/4 and draw the page every 4 or 5 staves.
You will get your .PNG files on desktop. Then I change their names : XXXXXXX_1 XXXXXX_2 etc.....
and copy them to SDCARD1/IMPORTSHEETS.

Now I have my sheets on my Mobile and as I am not a great musician, I still can play anywhere I have my "Phablet" with me.....
I did add code in version 5.0.0 to ignore files that don't appear to be valid (files with 0kb size, hidden files, etc). This may take care of the problem.

Mike