• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
String Quartet
I haven't tried using bookmarks to import the parts. With only 4 parts per pdf I'm not sure it would speed things up much for me but let me know if you find a good way of doing it. This is how I add a piece:
Open the cello library on one of the tablets
Import the piece from cloud storage
Set all the attributes for the piece
Repeat for any other pieces to be added
Share the pieces as an msf file to a local folder on the tablet
Switch libraries to the viola library
Import the msf file to the viola library
Edit the pieces so that the instrument is 'viola' instead of 'cello' and the page range is the viola part
Repeat for the violin libraries

I have a cloud folder for each library. Once the cello tablet is updated I sync the cloud folders to the tablet and then I sync the libraries in the other tablets to the cloud folder so that all the tablets have matching libraries. At the moment that means doing 16 syncs. That's much faster since Mike updated the way the sync works but I'm really looking forward to the versioning update which should bring it down to one sync per tablet.

I tried using the companion to import the pdfs but at the time I think the companion only had autocrop and I was needing to manually crop most of the pieces I was importing so I switched to doing it directly on the tablet and that works well.

I'm in the same situation as you with players and parts. I've been collecting arrangements for ages and they're a resource that I don't want to give away. A lot of the players I book have their own groups and their own folders and it wouldn't make sense for me to give them full access to copy my library just because they're playing the gig. That hasn't been much of an issue because I have the libraries on tablets that I own so players who could benefit from copying parts only have access to them at a gig, plus most of the players aren't familiar with the tablets (they're Onyx Boox e-ink tablets) or with MobileSheets. That's one of the reasons I was hoping that it would be possible with the versioning update to be able to hide the option to change versions - it would make it harder for a player who didn't know the app to accidentally get stuck in the wrong version, plus it would make it harder for someone who wanted a copy of an arrangement to just cycle through the parts and take a photo of each of them.

Mike, do you have any thoughts about ways of keeping parts secure in the app? I imagine it's not as much of an issue for improvising musicians but when the parts are fully written out they can be quite valuable and it can be important to not allow them to be shared or copied too easily. For example would it be possible for a tablet that was being used as a follower to be restricted from sharing/exporting parts or switching versions, or for there to be a setting in the app that restricted permissions for those functions?

Guy

Messages In This Thread
String Quartet - by amester1981 - 09-05-2023, 07:58 PM
RE: String Quartet - by Geoff Bacon - 09-06-2023, 06:10 AM
RE: String Quartet - by Oz Cello - 09-06-2023, 10:16 AM
RE: String Quartet - by amester1981 - 09-12-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: String Quartet - by Oz Cello - 09-12-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: String Quartet - by Skip - 09-12-2023, 10:59 AM
RE: String Quartet - by Zubersoft - 09-12-2023, 03:43 PM
RE: String Quartet - by Oz Cello - 09-13-2023, 02:02 PM
RE: String Quartet - by amester1981 - 09-23-2023, 03:55 AM
RE: String Quartet - by amester1981 - 09-23-2023, 03:59 AM