• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User guide issue
Hi,
I have a downloaded PDF manual from Zubersoft website in my desktop that I use regularely.
But today I opened the User's Manual from within MSP and I can't figure out how to search or even close it ...   I hd to go to the task manager and close MSP.

Can you help?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you select the option to view the manual or user guide, it should ask you what application you want to view the PDF that is downloaded. I handle it that way so you can use an external viewer that supports searching (as I don't currently support that in MobileSheetsPro itself). If you specify that you want to open the file in MobileSheetsPro, instead of importing the file like any other PDF, I launch a simple viewer to show the contents of the file. My simple viewer does not support searching and you can only exit the screen by hitting the back button. If you've set MobileSheetsPro as the default application for handling PDFs, you may want to clear that association so that you can view the manual in a different application (Google for how to do that and let me know if you need help). 

Mike
(04-11-2021, 12:03 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you select the option to view the manual or user guide, it should ask you what application you want to view the PDF that is downloaded. I handle it that way so you can use an external viewer that supports searching (as I don't currently support that in MobileSheetsPro itself). If you specify that you want to open the file in MobileSheetsPro, instead of importing the file like any other PDF, I launch a simple viewer to show the contents of the file. My simple viewer does not support searching and you can only exit the screen by hitting the back button. If you've set MobileSheetsPro as the default application for handling PDFs, you may want to clear that association so that you can view the manual in a different application (Google for how to do that and let me know if you need help). 

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Heart 
(04-11-2021, 12:05 PM)palosanto Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 12:03 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you select the option to view the manual or user guide, it should ask you what application you want to view the PDF that is downloaded. I handle it that way so you can use an external viewer that supports searching (as I don't currently support that in MobileSheetsPro itself). If you specify that you want to open the file in MobileSheetsPro, instead of importing the file like any other PDF, I launch a simple viewer to show the contents of the file. My simple viewer does not support searching and you can only exit the screen by hitting the back button. If you've set MobileSheetsPro as the default application for handling PDFs, you may want to clear that association so that you can view the manual in a different application (Google for how to do that and let me know if you need help). 

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I also need to open the manual in an outside application, but I haven't found a way to clear the default file association. Please advise.
What is the default application? If you go to the main tablet settings->Apps, tap the three dots and tap "Default Apps", you can see which apps are the defaults for certain things. You can also tap the app itself, tap set as default and then clear the defaults.

Mike