• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wifi connected, clients not connecting
We have 10 windows MobileSheets laptops that mostly work great. Now on two occasions at a performance venue, the clients can't see and don't connect to the server. In the first instance, they would not connect, but I turned them off at intermission to preserve battery and when we powered them up again they connected. Unexpectedly, I noticed I was suddenly changing everyone's pages as would normally happen. In the second instance, they simply refused to connect at all. But, I did verify the laptops were all connecting to the wifi box I brought, and my server computer was connecting and waiting for connections.

When I got home, I set up the wifi box and turned on all the computers -- they auto-connected and worked perfectly as is the normal situation. I did not change any settings and did not do anything differently from what I did at the venue (as far as I know). I did verify they were connecting to my portable wifi box and not to my home wifi.

I can't figure out what is going wrong. I also can't figure out a work around to re-link them, as the server simply doesn't show up in the client connection window(s).

On the "good" side, they seemingly will re-connect with the last used setting on ANY wifi they are all connected to. So, I use my home wifi when I am synchronizing/updating/and for practices. I then use a non-internet connected wifi box I bring to the venue for performances. But, to be clear, they will all connect to my "venue" wifi box if I turn it on at home -- and also at various venues, where they work fine. It seems completely random where and when they won't connect -- except for the fact that when one won't connect, none of the others will either. It seems as though MobileSheets is not aware the laptop has a wifi connection at all in these instances.

Messages In This Thread
wifi connected, clients not connecting - by basd - 12-16-2023, 04:29 PM