• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook: Cannot import PDFs
I was able to get this to work, but only after going into the ChromeOS Settings for manage apps, and click the Storage Permissions to "on".

I think when I first installed MobileSheets, MS asked (or maybe ChromeOS asked on behalf of MS) if I wanted MS to manage all my files.  I certainly don't want any app to manage "all my files" so I replied "no".  This might have turned off that setting.

Everything seems to be working as intended now.  Regarding screen real estate, I believe my best option will be to use the half page scrolling.  That does require some extra work to try to get the scroll breaks as desired.  I think a little more flexibility might be helpful here because if I use aggressive autocrop (which is very nice), some of my pages scroll with a great deal of overlap.  I drew in break lines, so I wouldn't lose my bearings when jumping from the top half to the bottom half.  But it would be nicer if I could do some additional cropping/stretching to eliminate the overlap completely.

As a result of using the half page scrolling, I decided to use MS on a somewhat smaller Chromebook (11-1/2" screen) that I keep in my car at all times.  That's a benefit I didn't expect from any of the sheet music apps, so well done.
I use MobileSheets on a Chromebook notebook because this has a larger screen than any tablet I can afford.

Messages In This Thread
Chromebook: Cannot import PDFs - by CParmerlee - 01-03-2024, 08:16 AM
RE: Chromebook: Cannot import PDFs - by CParmerlee - 01-03-2024, 10:46 AM
RE: Chromebook: Cannot import PDFs - by Zubersoft - 01-03-2024, 06:23 PM
RE: Chromebook: Cannot import PDFs - by Zubersoft - 01-04-2024, 05:03 AM