• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database Sharing, Song file sharing etc
I have a partner for live gigs and we both use MS. We generally post new lead sheets as jpegs and audio on shared folders then download from Dropbox into MS. While we both have our own tablets we don't have identical databases. It would be great to easily add missing tunes in both directions or possibly combine the two without duplicates. Are there any easy ways to combine or share across databases?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
I think sharing is one of the big things on Zubermans list for V5.
Many of us would appreciate sharing and collaboration features.
A lot of sharing features are planned to allow songs to be easily transferred, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to add a "merge" feature that would combine two libraries without duplicates. This is much harder to implement correctly, so I may push this feature back a few updates until I can focus on it. The sharing features will be implemented as soon as possible.

Mike
Thanks!

Just showed off your program to an Ipad owner. He was impressed enough to want to buy a new Android to use MS! People that haven't seen it are amazed. Keep it up.

Not sure if true but I said that you may be close to passing up the Apple programs in features.

My musical buddy now has the same tablet as I, and I´d like to give him a copy of everything I have in MS, so that he can use it with his own purchased MS license. What is the quickest way to accomplish this? I thought of copying all pdfs and mp3s (>1000) with the entire folder structure to his tablet, a 1:1 copy. If I then also copy the MS system files, will this work? If yes, I imagine this is quicker than going the backup library route, especially as I don´t seem to get the USB connection to run in the companion, just Bluetooth. Wouldn´t that take forever to backup? (especially if the mp3s were included, not sure this is part of the backup though).

Thank you!
Ben
I just tried the companion backup from tablet then transferred to my phone. Worked perfectly for about 600 tunes in I think less than an hour.

(05-25-2014, 07:50 AM)gman Wrote: I just tried the companion backup from tablet then transferred to my phone. Worked perfectly for about 600 tunes in I think less than an hour.

I also successfully did a local backup and then a transfer via ftp, usb,... to the other tablet. There simply restore from this backup file.

Works great, but of course only initially.
For keeping databases synchronized and more sharing options, we will have to wait for V5 of MobileSheets.
I was relieved to see it work. Looking forward to advanced sharing options as well.