• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragging pdf into MobileSheets is going into EBooks
I have a SumVision Cyclone Voyager II 10.1 tablet. Android JellyBean 4.2.2

MobileSheets is working fine.

There is a book reader app (pre-installed) called EBooks.

Today I have noticed that all of the pdf files that I have dragged into MobileSheets via the Companion, have all ended up duplicated in the EBooks app?

I tried deleting these files from the EBooks app and that made them disappear from MobileSheets.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

I am considering deleting the EBooks app, which will probably empty my MobileSheets library but I could restore from backup?

Gerry
Warning: I have no idea what I am talking about.

Is it possible the EBooks app is just accessing the same pdf (rather than duplicating it somewhere else on the tablet)? If this is the case, the Ebooks app might allow you to delete the pdf from within the app.

If this is the case, there would be no reason to try to delete any pdfs. Both programs are just accessing the same pdf.

[I think a similar thing happens on my tablet when I clicked on a pdf. It opens up the same pdf in Adobe Acrobat (I think?). But this does not mean there are two copies of the pdf.]

Jeff
(03-01-2014, 04:59 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Warning: I have no idea what I am talking about.

Is it possible the EBooks app is just accessing the same pdf (rather than duplicating it somewhere else on the tablet)? If this is the case, the Ebooks app might allow you to delete the pdf from within the app.

If this is the case, there would be no reason to try to delete any pdfs. Both programs are just accessing the same pdf.

[I think a similar thing happens on my tablet when I clicked on a pdf. It opens up the same pdf in Adobe Acrobat (I think?). But this does not mean there are two copies of the pdf.]

Jeff

I tried deleting the pdf's from within the EBooks app, but that also deleted them from MobileSheets.

A bit disconcerting.
I should think the Ebooks app would be check your SD card upon opening for any PDFs (or any compatible files it can open) so they list for you. (It would probably be the same for a music app which plays MP3s, it will search out any MP3s available so they list.)
So deleting any files will delete from any app that lists them. You could try saving your files instead to the internal memory Mobilesheets can use, then see if Ebooks lists them. (If you try this, make sure you back up your MS files first before you transfer them.)
The files only exist once, the different apps just have pointers to the individual file locations. If you delete the file, then nothing will see them. If you don't want a particular app to see the files, you need to delete the pointers, or the app (if you don't need it) - not the files.

Actually, the pointers take up very little storage space and it might well be advantageous to have the files viewable by other apps than MS. Personally, I wouldn't bother with trying to change this.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thank you for that, I will leave well alone. These pdf fill up all the 'bookshelves' in the EBook reader. Should I want to buy any books to read on my tablet, I will download and use a different book reader.