• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen recognition issue, takes 2 tries to write.
I want to follow up on this is actually device and/or stylus specific behavior. On my Samsung Tab S4, I can have my palm resting on the screen, and when I hover the stylus, MobileSheets immediately enters annotation mode and I can write without delay. However, on the Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra, the S-Pen works differently, so if a palm is resting on the screen, the hover event is completely ignored and MobileSheets will never be notified of it. I tried every trick I could think of, but the touch event just isn't delivered to the views, so there is nothing I can do about that. You have to hover the S-Pen first, then you can rest your palm on the screen and start annotating (or just use a three finger tap to enter annotation mode). I'm sure Galaxy Tab S7 is identical to the S8 Ultra in this regard. There has been discussion about the S8 Ultra and other tablets in threads such as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyTab/comme...rejection/

The Wacom EMR is apparently what has changed. 

I also revisited the handling of palm rejection, but due to the fact that the Samsung tablet seems to have this integrated in the OS in some way, most of the time, I wouldn't even receive a touch event in my code when I pressed my palm on the device. Even when I did get a touch event, there was no way to clearly distinguish it from any other touch input (the reported touch size was still tiny). 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pen recognition issue, takes 2 tries to write. - by Zubersoft - 02-28-2024, 05:26 PM