• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation groups
When I annotate a sheet (with the stylus on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2), successive annotations are grouped by default. Is there a way to turn this off, so there is no grouping?
Would you want all annotations to be considered separate objects or are you saying you just don't want to see the selection rectangle around all of the annotations? As a side note, I'm going to add some additional options to support ways users like to operate. For example, right now, when you use any of the various tools, the tool is changed to the selection tool and the new object is selected (unless you are making freeform drawings). I'm going to add an option to change that behavior so that the current tool is not changed unless you explicitly change it. I'm also going to support tapping a tool twice to lock it in if you choose to continue using the current behavior.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Yes, I would want them to be separate unless I manually grouped them. For example, if I went through a piece and wrote chord symbols for each measure, I would want to be able to grab them individually to move them into a better position, without moving the others at the same time. Then, if I wanted to group them for any reason, I could do that manually.

Thanks for your continued improvements.
I have a workaround that solves the problem. If I hit the arrow next to the pencil icon, then hit the pencil icon again, the new annotation will not be grouped unless I go into the list and check it to group it. I'm thinking this is probably the best way to do it, so I don't see a need to change anything.
Thanks.
Ahh, I was wondering why it did this!

Yes, after fumbling arround I did what you did. Hopefully, now I have a better clue what is going on (and how to manage it).

(03-20-2014, 09:34 PM)biscot Wrote: I have a workaround that solves the problem. If I hit the arrow next to the pencil icon, then hit the pencil icon again, the new annotation will not be grouped unless I go into the list and check it to group it. I'm thinking this is probably the best way to do it, so I don't see a need to change anything.
Thanks.
I'll certainly add a setting to not automatically group freeform drawings. I can see wanting to use it both ways, depending on what you are drawing.

Thanks for the feedback!
Mike
Cool, thanks Mike.