• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection problem
I was getting on OK with MobileSheets, but now seem to have hit a problem.
I load the companion on my PC then start up my tablet and get a connection with the companion showing all the songs, with the tablet giving the message that it is connected to the PC. And that is as far as it goes; I don't get the download screen on the tablet.

I have tried using USB connection, going back to Wi Fi, swithching everything off (including the PC), but still can't get anywhere.

I don't know what I did right when I first used the program, and now don't know what I am doing wrong.

Fred.
Is there something to click to show the song list? I would look for something simple like that.

(03-25-2014, 10:00 PM)Caswest Wrote: I was getting on OK with MobileSheets, but now seem to have hit a problem.
I load the companion on my PC then start up my tablet and get a connection with the companion showing all the songs, with the tablet giving the message that it is connected to the PC. And that is as far as it goes; I don't get the download screen on the tablet.

I have tried using USB connection, going back to Wi Fi, swithching everything off (including the PC), but still can't get anywhere.

I don't know what I did right when I first used the program, and now don't know what I am doing wrong.

Fred.
(03-26-2014, 12:56 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Is there something to click to show the song list? I would look for something simple like that.

(03-25-2014, 10:00 PM)Caswest Wrote: I was getting on OK with MobileSheets, but now seem to have hit a problem.

Fred.

Thanks for the reply jeffn1. The song list should be displayed on both the PC and the tablet when the tablet connects to the PC, but it appears on the PC only. If I click to bring up the song list on the tablet, I break the connection with the PC.

Fred.
(03-26-2014, 06:46 AM)Caswest Wrote: The song list should be displayed on both the PC and the tablet when the tablet connects to the PC, but it appears on the PC only. If I click to bring up the song list on the tablet, I break the connection with the PC.

Fred.

I don't think you're right with this. My works exactly as yours does. You only see the list on the Companion. Do all the work in Companion and whatever you do there will be reflected on the tablet, e.g. if you add a song to a setlist, using Companion, then it will also be added on the tablet.

I work this way all the time, just remember to do a backup when you've finished.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Yes, while you are connected to the companion, the tablet does not show the songlist. I shows the changes taking place on the tablet as you make them on the PC.

(03-26-2014, 09:04 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(03-26-2014, 06:46 AM)Caswest Wrote: The song list should be displayed on both the PC and the tablet when the tablet connects to the PC, but it appears on the PC only. If I click to bring up the song list on the tablet, I break the connection with the PC.

Fred.

I don't think you're right with this. My works exactly as yours does. You only see the list on the Companion. Do all the work in Companion and whatever you do there will be reflected on the tablet, e.g. if you add a song to a setlist, using Companion, then it will also be added on the tablet.

I work this way all the time, just remember to do a backup when you've finished.
Thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem. Of course you are all correct when you say that there is no image on the tablet when copying songs. Because things went wrong I got confused and forgot what had happened before.

I have now sorted it out and it wasn't a connection problem at all. When I dragged a song into the companion window I got a 'drag failed' message and assumed there must be a connection problem. I got the same message with each song that I tried to load from the same file.

So I will now confess my silly mistake. The file I was trying to drag from was a zip file that I opened by clicking, and then dragged the song to the companion and got the 'drag failed' message. It finally dawned upon me that I should try dragging a song from an open list and of course that worked.

I will write out a hundred times 'I must unzip before dragging.'

Once again, many thanks for all your help.

Fred.
'I must unzip before dragging.' That's what the cross-dresser said . . . .

(03-26-2014, 10:20 AM)Caswest Wrote: Thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem. Of course you are all correct when you say that there is no image on the tablet when copying songs. Because things went wrong I got confused and forgot what had happened before.

I have now sorted it out and it wasn't a connection problem at all. When I dragged a song into the companion window I got a 'drag failed' message and assumed there must be a connection problem. I got the same message with each song that I tried to load from the same file.

So I will now confess my silly mistake. The file I was trying to drag from was a zip file that I opened by clicking, and then dragged the song to the companion and got the 'drag failed' message. It finally dawned upon me that I should try dragging a song from an open list and of course that worked.

I will write out a hundred times 'I must unzip before dragging.'

Once again, many thanks for all your help.

Fred.