• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress update on version 5.0.0
Any update news? Anxiously awaiting ver 5.0 so I can start saving my annotated song versions as new pdfs.
I'm still working away trying to finish the last pieces. As a side note, the ability to export annotations to PDFs is not going to be included in version 5.0.0. It's planned for a follow-up update that will mainly address improvements to annotations. This target date for this is a month or so after 5.0.0 is released and stable.

Mike
Mike,

question, I am both a new and happy user of the current version, having assembled >1000pdfs, most of them with mp3.
Can the whole thing be transported to version 5.0 eventually, without losing the mp3 links, the individual zoom settings, the tags (Album, Artist, etc.) and setlists? In other words, does the current backup function cover all that, and, if yes, will the 5.0 "recover backup" function be 100% compatible? I won´t change any of the paths/directories obviously.
Considering the perfect user-friendliness of the current version, I would probably just stick to it if the migration entailed loss of settings/data.
The 5.0 enhancements you mention do sound tempting though!

Thank you!
Ben
Ben,

The upgrade to version 5.0 should be seamless, meaning you won't lose anything in your library. This is part of the testing I'm doing right now. Some things are different in version 5.0, such as how artists/albums/genres are handled, but your existing entries will just be converted to work with 5.0. Backups will also be compatible with 5.0 (meaning you can use older backups with 5.0). You will not be able to load version 5.0 backups in older versions of MobileSheets though.

Mike
Backwards compatibility is probably a step too far and I certainly wouldn't expect that of any software Smile .

Something I happened to notice tonight: in Companion and looking at a set list, I find I cannot order it alphabetically. I also noticed that although the option is there, you also can't order the list when printing it out or copying to the clipboard. No big deal, but I thought I should mention it.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Hi Mike, any progress or ETA (even beta) for version 5.0.0?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I was planning on putting out an update to everyone this weekend. As usual, everything is taking longer than I had hoped/predicted. I'm currently finishing up some things in the new song editor, including the new screen for setting the crop points (squares that you can drag from the corners/sides, like what you would find in any photo editor). I still have a number of loose ends to finish up, but most of the large code changes are complete. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of internal testing to complete before I have something stable enough to release as a beta. I'll try to have a more detailed write-up tomorrow after I make some more progress. I really appreciate everyone's patience, and I apologize for taking so long in getting this update complete. I hate to drag people along, and it definitely weighs on me knowing that I've set expectations about when it would be done, but haven't come close to meeting any of the dates I've put forth. I wish I could just take a week off of my day job to finish this update once and for all, but unfortunately, I can't do that anytime soon. I'll do my best to finish it as soon as I can.

Mike
Mike, stop beating yourself up over this release. We understand that it will be ready when it's ready.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Mike,
I'm with everyone else - don't beat yourself up. The fact that you are very, VERY up front about what is going on is more than appreciated! You do a fantastic job with the app and I LOVE IT! I am on pins and needles waiting for the update and will be super excited when I get. I have a Nexus 10 and I'm willing to beta test if you need me. Just let me know!
Look, many of us are REALLY looking forward to these updates -- they sound great. But, don't roll it out until they're ready. We'll still be here, Mike.
Hi Mike,

Just want to add my voice to the others to say how excited I am for the update! I'm particularly interested in the MIDI capabilities as I want to trigger Bank and Program Change messages as I load each song in my set list. If you need more Beta testers, I'm available!

Thanks!
Tom
For my part, I would be perfectly content to buy the new version separately. Your App is of such great value that I would not hesitate to fork over the $$ again. As I see it, you will have put so much effort into the next version that I will donate the price even if I can just update.
And having the option to run both versions in parallel while making the transition would provide a valuable fallback if something unexpected happens.

As an aside, what kind of additional HW will be needed for the MIDI interfacing?
Electric Guitar, popular music from 50s to 80s
Line6 Pod HD w/ Shortboard MkII
Galaxy Tab 10.1N
Looking forward to the update... I've been relying more on a competitor app to use some of the features that you are adding. But it looks like when you're done with the update, you'll be enough features up on the competition that it will unquestionably be worth the effort to move my entire library over to Mobilesheets. I also really appreciate the communication offered over the forum in regards to troubleshooting, tips and advice. That's something that my other app vendor doesn't really do. While your forum has been very helpful in my troubleshoot general issues with the other app, I look forward to being able to make better use of your forum when I transition over to mobilesheets. Keep up the good customer support. It really shows.
Looking forward to the update as well.
If you can use some help on the Windows 8 version. I'm a .NET developer and musician. So I could maybe be of some assistence. PM me if you are interested.
(06-20-2014, 06:15 AM)TomChurch Wrote: Hi Mike,

Just want to add my voice to the others to say how excited I am for the update! I'm particularly interested in the MIDI capabilities as I want to trigger Bank and Program Change messages as I load each song in my set list. If you need more Beta testers, I'm available!

Thanks!
Tom

I'm also very interested in the MIDI capabilities. There are other apps that also have this functionality, but many of them initiate the MIDI commands immediately when pulling up the chart, meaning that if I want to look ahead at the next song in the playlist, or turn I the page 8 measures early to go to the next song, my sounds change with it, making the feature more of a liability than an asset. I'm hoping for the inclusion of a movable button that can be be pressed to initiate the MIDI command, which gives me control over when the sounds on my keyboard are changed.

I've had my eye on these forums for about a year now and am excited about the final product finally being so close to completion!

Carlin