• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user problems
Hello,

I've just installed the paid version of MobileSheets, and and struggling to get started.

I have a large collection of Jazz lead sheets in PNG format, which I read in the manual is the preferred way to import sheet music into MobileSheets. My collection consists of over 4000 files, with some songs duplicated, and is in the following format:
You're My Everything - 1.png => version 2, sheet 1
You're My Everything - 2 1o2.png => version 3, sheet 1 of 2
You're My Everything - 2 2o2.png => version 3, sheet 2 of 2
You're My Everything.png => version 1, sheet 1
Your's Is My Heart Alone - 1.png
Your's Is My Heart Alone .png

My first approach was to use the companion PC software to copy my Jazz lead sheets to my tablet (a Samsung Tab Pro). This failed because the import tried to use "You're My Everything - 1" as the base name for the songs. Further, it tried to use "You're My Everything - 1" as the base name for all six files, even though they refer to two separate songs.

My seconds approach was to copy all 4000 files separately to a MobileSheets directory on the external SD card. I specified this external storage to MobileSheets, using Utilities -> Set Removable Storage Location. I then tried to batch import these files using Utilities -> Batch Import, with the following options:
- Import Directories: same as above (however, when selected, it was flagged as empty)
- All other check options are greyed out; however, "Create Subdirectory Per Song" is checked, all the rest are unchecked
- Title: "Guess Title From Filename"

When I start the import, it immediately stops with the message "The batch import has been cancelled".

Under Advanced, the option "Store Database on SD Card" is checked.

Can anyone help, please?

Paul

Messages In This Thread
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM
New user problems - by polomora - 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: New user problems - by Zubersoft - 04-25-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: New user problems - by polomora - 04-27-2014, 02:34 AM