• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entering Any Text in New Song Screen Freezes Tablet
Hi guys!

I already used the search feature and couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it.

EDIT: Using a Nexus 7 2nd Gen

I tried with the free version and I purchased the full version. Every time I add a song, I'll tap in the TITLE field to enter the title and I'll get like 1 or 2 letters entered and my whole tablet will lock up... like, irrepairably lock up. I have to actually restart the tablet to get it back to normal. The app starts up normally.

I tried it just now with a different field (artist) and it said "Mobile sheets had to be stopped". So, I opened the app again and clicked in the artist field again and it froze my tablet... tablet restarted on its own.

I tried clicking in the search field on the homepage and it worked fine. I could type. I used some of the other dropdowns and typing fields as well. It appears to only do this on any of the text fields on the NEW SONG page.... and that page is kinda important.

PLEASE HELP!! I submitted a bug report already. I really would like to fix this because this app fits my needs PERFECTLY.

EDIT:
As of this post, I have deleted most of the superfluous apps on my Nexus 7 2nd Gen. I was having a strange interaction in another area of my tablet (couldn't uninstall any apps without tablet crashing) and rebooted in safe mode and deleted some stuff to see if it fixed it. It did NOT fix the problem in Mobile Sheets. Sad

That just made me think.... I'm gonna reboot in safe mode and see if MobileSheets runs.

EDIT 2:
Safe mode did not fix the problem with Mobile Sheets.
Hello Justin,

I am really sorry to hear you've encountered such serious problems with MobileSheets. I've heard reports of instability with the Nexus 7 before, and it always seems to be with the text entry fields. I have yet to figure out exactly what could be causing this problem, as those text fields aren't any different than the search field which worked fine for you. The good news is that the next version is introducing a new song editor, so hopefully this transition will eliminate the errors you are seeing. I will have to get my hands on a Nexus 7 to test with.

In the meantime, have you tried using the companion app to create songs on your PC? This should work until I can release the next update.

Mike
I haven't actually used that method yet. I'll give it a try for a little while. Hurry up on that update!!! Wink

Thanks, Mike!
I have the exact same problem on my own Nexus 7, but only for the "Album" field in the song editor. I get an error message stating that MobileSheets has stopped responding as soon as I select that field.

The solution that has worked for me is to enter the text in landscape mode. For some reason, the freeze only seems to occur in portrait mode.
I have been working with Justin to try and fix this issue and we have made some progress. I went ahead and bought a nexus 7 for development so that I can be certain the next update works well on it.

Mike
Well I figured out this problem, and it's a strange one. When you load the song editor, there is a page preview area at the bottom. When you go to type in any of the text fields, the keyboard has to come up, which shrinks the page preview area. The problem is that it shrinks it so much that it returns an invalid height in the code (I still can't make sense of why it would do this in the Android OS). The height it gives me is 16777212 pixels, when it's around 400 pixels before the keyboard comes up. Anyways, if you use the tablet in landscape, as suggested earlier in this post, it should work fine. I will make sure this is fixed in the next update though.

Mike
I have exactly the Same Problem on my Nexus 7. Ist there a fix for this? If you Need a Beta tester, please let me know. Thz
It will be fixed in MobileSheetsPro, as I completely redesigned the rendering engine and the song editor screen.

Mike