• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy image file to easily attach to email
Is there a way to easily copy the image file in a song, so that i can paste it somewhere, e.g. in an email to send to a friend who could then quickly play along with me on a song if he/she had the chords?

Thanks!
Mobilesheets is awesome.
...Beth
I seem to spend half my life sending stuff to the other band members (mainly because they're too **** lazy to find things for themselves).

I find the easiest way for me is to open Companion and go to View/Extract Backup. Click on the desired chart and it will be extracted to the same directory the backup is in. From there, I can attach it to an email, etc. Using this method, there's no need to have MS running at all.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The next version is adding proper sharing features so that you can send songs/setlists to friends. I'm working on finishing that code right now in fact. I'm trying to make MobileSheets much smarter about identifying when someone is trying to just update a file versus add a new one, as I know this has been an issue for a number of people.

Mike
Ooops Smile
Graeme

Some of my music here
Is there or will there be a way to quickly email the underlying pdf or image file to someone? I realize that including the annotations might require a pdf license but to just access the underlying original file from the app would come in handy. I play with folks who use other platforms, so sending the Mobile sheets file is not as good an option.
Waking up an old thread here to try to keep from opening a new one.
You could just take a screenshot - that would show any annotations as well as the chart itself. That could be emailed, or stuck in a cloud server, etc., for others to access.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I can certainly add an option to the sharing to only send the song files without any of the metadata. It's going to be a little bit before I can add the option to export MobileSheets annotations into PDFs, so you would be sending them just the original files. Would this still be useful to you?
(02-04-2015, 03:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I can certainly add an option to the sharing to only send the song files without any of the metadata. It's going to be a little bit before I can add the option to export MobileSheets annotations into PDFs, so you would be sending them just the original files. Would this still be useful to you?
Mike - yes it would. The folks I play with are either using the other platform or just paper. The annotations option would eventually be good to have, but just the convenience of sending the pdf would be good. In reality it just save me having to go and dig out the file and send it, so it may be a small potatoes convenience, so if it's easy, great. Otherwise unless there are other requests, maybe it's just me.

And Graeme's solution of screen shot works, but I might as well send the linked pdf as it's already in the tablet. Just a little more clumsy than working within the app. Thanks!
Yes, the last option I gave is a little more clumsy - but it would include the annotations Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here