• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find songs for artist when album is unknown.
(06-01-2014, 04:51 AM)adrian.stephens Wrote: I have a lot of sheet music where I know the artist, but not the album. The name of the artist is properly shown in the song list, but when I select that artist, they appear to have no songs. I believe this is because an album of "unknown" is treated specially. If I change this to unspecified, this appears in the artist's album list, as expected.

Is there anyway to control this behaviour? Alternatively, is there any way to bulk change the album for all unspecified songs. I have about 1000 in this category, so I don't want to do this by hand.

I believe I can do this by exporting the database, and connecting it to an access database using the sprite odd driver, writing an sol query to change all unknown to unspecified, and the re import the database. But this is a rather roundabout process, and there should be an easier way to do this.

Thanks for any comments or discussion.

Adrian stephens. Church musician.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I was wondering myself if the metadata for the artist and album associated with an mp3 could be read into the database when it is paired with a pdf in the database. That could save a lot of strokes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't find songs for artist when album is unknown. - by QuintrKD - 06-03-2014, 08:01 AM