• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose function?
Wink 
First post here, and thanks to a fellow muso I have not had to go to Apple for the ipad to solve my chord charting needs. Will buy mobilesheets as soon as i get my tablet and cant wait to start getting those thick binders in to one place.

Just wanted to ask the developers, any chance of a transpose function in the near future?

cheers
Hi there,

Once I add support for text and chordpro files, I will be able to add a transpose function. I really can't do anything to transpose sheet music as this point (unless I eventually add support for MusicXML and/or MIDI). Text file support probably will not be ready until the end of the year.

Mike
(09-15-2012, 12:35 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hi there,

...............(unless I eventually add support for MusicXML and/or MIDI). Text file support probably will not be ready until the end of the year.

Mike
MIDI file capability would get a HUGE plus from me. Although without Core midi capability in the OS it would be difficult..but if you can do it I reckon it would even be worth an "in-app purchase" upgrade!
(09-15-2012, 12:35 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hi there,

Once I add support for text and chordpro files, I will be able to add a transpose function. I really can't do anything to transpose sheet music as this point (unless I eventually add support for MusicXML and/or MIDI). Text file support probably will not be ready until the end of the year.

Mike

many thanks for that Zuberman
Implementation of MusicXML would be great. Even if it were to be only available as an extra plugin which had to be bought separately, I wouldn't hesitate a bit.

If this option existed, how hard would it be to create an app with which MusicXML-files could be created?
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
Creating an application to create Music-XML files would be a very large undertaking, with a high level of complexity. If I ever have a chance to do app development full time, I would definitely consider producing such an app, but as it stands, my free time is completely consumed with developing MobileSheets.
As you may have deduced, I'm not that familiar with app-developing Confused

Keep up the good work on MobileSheets. As long as I have a functioning pc, writing music on my tablet is just a nice little extra, not a necessity.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come