• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 in internal testing
Mike, can I be a beta tester too?
(07-22-2014, 06:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I just keep hoping I haven't forgotten something important... I've had a lot of requests for features over the years and I've tried to catalog them, but it's hard to remember exactly what I promised to each and every person. I just hope everyone gets the features they need and have been waiting for. I don't want to disappoint people after this long of a wait! Smile

Mike

Midi file linking and playing Wink
Accepting/sending a few midi control commands is one thing, but I think the ability to play a midi file is a step way too far for MS.

It's not a basic function for which it was designed and there are already a whole host of programs on the market which can do the job (and probably much better than expecting Mike to develop such a thing from the ground up.)

Mike, while we are talking about things that you might have forgotten, I did ask for a direct action to switch in and out of night mode.

I'm still uncertain if I shall ever actually use MSPro (although I will buy it) but that's one feature that could tip me over the edge Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks for reminding me. Adding that is the least I can do for all your support. You just want a pedal action for this, right?

Mike
(11-01-2014, 02:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for reminding me. Adding that is the least I can do for all your support. You just want a pedal action for this, right?

Not necessarily, a screen touch would be fine. It's only something that would be used between numbers, so I will have a hand free Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here
Ok, I'll add it to the list of selectable actions for taps.

Mike
One question .... tap actions works also in performance mode or it's configurable?
In this particular instance, the action has to work in performance mode.

The reasoning behind this is that I usually run in night mode but, occasionally, a chart might be better displayed in normal mode. This depends very much on ambient light conditions and the chart itself, so it's not something one could easily pre-program and needs to be 'on the fly' during a performance.
Graeme

Some of my music here
All tap actions work in performance mode. It's one of the primary reasons for having configurable tap zones - so that you can have the features you need ready at all times.

Mike
Hi Mike,
I've just ordered AirTurn and I am really hoping MobileSheets version 5/pro will support master/slave control of multiple (quartet) tablets via Bluetooth.

I am professional musician in a hunt for android app which supports this functionality like these apps on iOS:
- unrealBook www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiYcF6UhVGw
- OnSong www.onsongapp.com/docs/features/oncue/about/

Could somebody please clarify if this is already incorporated in the beta version 5?
Hello,

I have not added features for that yet. I don't think there are any Android apps which support that yet. It's on my list of things to add for the future.

Mike
please Can I also get the Beta? I am running the Mobilesheets on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.1 with a pedel Best regards Benny
(11-01-2014, 01:51 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Accepting/sending a few midi control commands is one thing, but I think the ability to play a midi file is a step way too far for MS.

It's not a basic function for which it was designed and there are already a whole host of programs on the market which can do the job (and probably much better than expecting Mike to develop such a thing from the ground up.)

Actually imo, I do not think it beyond the pale, so to speak. It is more a question of sending the midi data to another app (internally) to play the file. Perhaps even a command to the outside app that has already been prepped with a songlist of midi files to start. Perhaps Mike could collaborate with a Midifile playing apps creator? So there would be no need for "ground breaking" development Wink

I could do this using two apps on the iPad.

In any case I daresay most will be happy that MS can send a "burst" midi message when a chart loads, to an external synth to load setups for songs.

EDITED: to correct an error
It must be a "senior moment" for me today but how do you create a "Setlist" in this new version?, it was easy in the old version you just clicked on the spanner and made the list from there by selecting the songs you wanted in the "Setlist"
Thanks in advance. Bill
Bill,

It's a similar approach. Tap the setlist tab, then tap the edit button in the action bar, then you can click the "Create New Setlist" button in the action bar to create a new setlist, or select an existing setlist to edit it.

Mike