• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 in internal testing
There is something I would love to be able to test, but can not because Beta won't sync with the computer. It is extremely important to me as a conductor though. On the current (non Beta) version I have the following problem, hopefully fully corrected with the new Pro:
I put in 20 to 30 annotations in the score at once. Then sync with my computer for use at a later date. Then, when I go to use it, I can not change or erase a single annotation... Problem! Is this fixed in the new version?
Hi,

If you are still looking for beta testers, I would like to join. I'm using a Samsung Note Pro 12 with Airturn BT-105 pedals, and I am a software developer myself who has acted as a beta tester for several other projects. I'm using the current version to consolidate my guitar and ukulele music and to easily carry all of it to jams and rehearsals, but am very interested in some of the upcoming features, specifically ChordPro support and the additional metadata.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanks,
Chuck Harris
Cellist, the old companion app doesn't work with the new beta. Mike have to release a new version of companion to do it.

About the second question, as companion isn't released yet, it's impossible to answer at this moment.
I never added support for modifying annotations in the companion app. This would involve a huge number of complex changes, as I would have to add all of the same annotation functionality in a different programming language using a different UI framework, and ensure that the annotations look the same on the PC as they do on the tablet (PC wouldn't have access to the same fonts as the tablet without additional work, for example). When I port MobileSheetsPro to Windows 8, that version will have support for annotations, so I may be able to transfer some of the changes over to the companion app. If I'm not able to do so, then I may add the ability to connect MobileSheetsPro on Windows 8 to an Android tablet in much the same way as the companion app...

On a side note, I do plan on supporting the ability to export annotations into PDFs/images themselves, making them a part of the file instead of just something that MobileSheets knows about. Once I add support for this, you could use any program on your PC to modify the annotations in the PDF.

Mike

EDIT:
Did I misunderstand you, and what you were saying is that you were unable to modify the annotations on the tablet after connecting to the companion app on your PC?
Hi,
I'd be interested in Beta testing, if you still have room for testers

Thanks,
Frank
(12-07-2014, 04:03 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I never added support for modifying annotations in the companion app. This would involve a huge number of complex changes, as I would have to add all of the same annotation functionality in a different programming language using a different UI framework, and ensure that the annotations look the same on the PC as they do on the tablet (PC wouldn't have access to the same fonts as the tablet without additional work, for example). When I port MobileSheetsPro to Windows 8, that version will have support for annotations, so I may be able to transfer some of the changes over to the companion app. If I'm not able to do so, then I may add the ability to connect MobileSheetsPro on Windows 8 to an Android tablet in much the same way as the companion app...

On a side note, I do plan on supporting the ability to export annotations into PDFs/images themselves, making them a part of the file instead of just something that MobileSheets knows about. Once I add support for this, you could use any program on your PC to modify the annotations in the PDF.

Mike

EDIT:
Did I misunderstand you, and what you were saying is that you were unable to modify the annotations on the tablet after connecting to the companion app on your PC?

(12-07-2014, 04:03 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I never added support for modifying annotations in the companion app. This would involve a huge number of complex changes, as I would have to add all of the same annotation functionality in a different programming language using a different UI framework, and ensure that the annotations look the same on the PC as they do on the tablet (PC wouldn't have access to the same fonts as the tablet without additional work, for example). When I port MobileSheetsPro to Windows 8, that version will have support for annotations, so I may be able to transfer some of the changes over to the companion app. If I'm not able to do so, then I may add the ability to connect MobileSheetsPro on Windows 8 to an Android tablet in much the same way as the companion app...

Mike

EDIT:

What I meant is that I can no longer edit individual annontations on the tablet once I have saved the file with annontations to the PC and then load back into mobile sheets on the tablet. It is very important that I can do that. I have too much music to store on my tablet so I need to be able to save on my computer and load back to mobile sheets without losing the possibility to change every individual annontation. Thanks for all your work!
I hope the annotation operations have been streamlined, I use it often during rehearsals and it's so cumbersome, I often make mistakes or just don't get the note in.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10
When bringing in a new file and editing it, I get the following error message:
Failed to update your database. You may need to fully close the app and restart.
It happens every time...
Mike,

I have a Nexus 9 running Lollipop 5.0.1 and I would love to give feedback regarding the beta running on Lollipop if you're still adding people to the list.

Either way thanks for your work on this great app!
RedFiero,

I did send you a beta invite - just wanted to follow up.

Mike
Concerts are over and I would have more time now.
Is beta still open?
As I wrote [1] I am interested in testing the new version.

[1] http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...20#pid3920