• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No contrast for text/background in Options menus
I've got an ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701T, and recently received an OTA update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Previously, Mobilsheets was working fine, but now when I open the Options menu I can just barely make out that there's some barely off-white text on the white background, but I can't make out what it says.

I don't know if this a problem with MS on KitKat, or MS on ASUS' implementation of KitKat, or ???? I also experience this issue with the preferences menu in the Titanium Backup app (after the upgrade to KitKat), but haven't seen it in other apps.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?
I remember having this issue on my Nook HD+ when using the stock ROM. Updating to a 4.2.2 Kitkat CyanogenMod ROM actually resolved it for me, so I assume it's down to the ROM's defaults for display.
Marshland, thanks for responding. Did you see this happening in other apps? All apps? Or just MobileSheets?
If the tablet switches to using a light theme, this may cause problems in MobileSheets as you have noticed. The NOOK has this issue, so I actually have to build a completely different version that switches my themes to be compatible with the light theme. I don't know of any way to change the theme of a tablet in the settings though. I'm not sure why ASUS would have changed the theme like that though...

Mike
Probably "Why Not?" was their logic. This update to KitKat is pretty awful with lots of "what were they thinking" changes. I'm looking at the xda-developers forum, and planning to flash a better ROM.
I don't recollect any other apps having that problem. I recommend just changing to a stable Cyanogenmod ROM if your device is rooted, although it's probably worth changing the default launcher with that.