• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezes during performance
I have been using my Galaxy Tab 2 for my music for several months and I have been pleased. Recently, however, the program freezes during performances. Usually this happens after 10 or so minutes of inactivity. I have set my screensaver and power saver to high time levels with no success. Obviously, if I can't rely upon the program during performances, it is useless to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
Hello Greg,

This is a problem I hear about sporadically, usually from Galaxy Tab owners. I have had an extremely hard time determining what could be causing the problem. From what I've gathered so far, it may have something to do with the PDF rendering engine, but if it happens to you after inactivity, that would suggest something else entirely. I will try to reproduce this problem by leaving my tablet running with no activity for long periods of time. I do have some upcoming fixes that address the constantly high CPU usage of MobileSheets, so perhaps these will inadvertently fix the problem. If I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I will have to depend on users such as yourself to tell me if my fixes work or not. I apologize though - it really sucks that this happened to you during performances.

Mike
I find the same issue with Galaxy Tab 2, but in the middle of the performance, no inactivity. Not only doesn't MS react anymore, the entire tablet freezes. Sometimes, I have to forcefully restart the tablet, sometimes it unfreezes after a few minutes (turning several pages which seem to be stacked during the freeze).

Yesterday I got my bluetooth pedals (pageflip firefly). Works like a charme, but again I ran into a temporary freeze.

I will switch off wifi and autosync. Maybe those background processes interfere with MS, you never know.
Maybe this will fix the lack of resources problem ? (he said, hopefully)

This most recent time I got the error when wifi was off on the tablet, saying I needed wifi on to get "resources", which eventually cause me to have th reinstall MS and restore the backup from the PC Companion.

But, with wifi on I seem to have problem that (possibly) other wifi activity keeps MS from loading (all leading to a corruption in the file and need to reinstall MS and restore data from the PC Companion).

Sorry if I hi-jacked this thread.

(10-01-2012, 09:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Greg,

This is a problem I hear about sporadically, usually from Galaxy Tab owners. I have had an extremely hard time determining what could be causing the problem. From what I've gathered so far, it may have something to do with the PDF rendering engine, but if it happens to you after inactivity, that would suggest something else entirely. I will try to reproduce this problem by leaving my tablet running with no activity for long periods of time. I do have some upcoming fixes that address the constantly high CPU usage of MobileSheets, so perhaps these will inadvertently fix the problem. If I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I will have to depend on users such as yourself to tell me if my fixes work or not. I apologize though - it really sucks that this happened to you during performances.

Mike