• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets for Windows 8 tablets
Wanting to be able to use MobileSheets as reader and not just companion on my Windows Surface Pro 3
As far as I know, any Windows implementation is some way off. Only Mike could give you any sort of time scale.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I'm new here. Who's Mike and will he see this thread or do I need to contact him otherwise?
Mike is the author of this software and is a regular visitor to the forum - he will see your post, no doubt about that.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Hello katewickham,

I'm currently working on finishing the next version of MobileSheets for Android, so I haven't really been able to focus any of my attention on the Windows version. The Windows version is going to be a port of the Android version, so I really need that version to be done first anyways. Graeme is right though - it's a little ways off still.

Mike
Would this work with Mobilesheets? http://www.androidpit.com/android-app-ap...extensions
That's a very good question - I'm not sure. I'll have to try it out and get back to you.

Mike
This may make things easier: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...onpackager
Today I found a very adequate solution to run MS and many other Android favorites like the IMSLP app. Just install 'DuOS'. It is the best emulator I've come across and it recognises all sensors of my Surface Pro 3. This is really awesome as I did not like the MusicReader solution. Integration with W8.1 is very smooth. App store has to be installed seperately and you have to adapt the full-screen settings, but now my scores are almost original size!
A Windows version of MS would still be very nice, but I can live woth this very well.
Check: www.amiduos.com.
I had a little play around with DuOS - seems to work fairly well, although a little flaky in places. I was using a non-touchscreen laptop, running Win 8.1. MS ran well and I can see this as a good interim solution until Mike releases a proper Windows version of MS.

Having said that, with all the emulators that are starting to appear, I'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth the coding and debugging effort?
Graeme

Some of my music here
DuOS looks interesting, tried it on Elitepad and without any problems it run in fullscreen mode, loaded MS Pro backup and everything OK. I might use it as backup tablet in case my "only-for-MS" Asus MemoPad breaks...

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
(12-25-2014, 07:00 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: I had a play around with DuOS - seems to work fairly well, although a little flaky in places. I was using a non-touchscreen laptop, running Win 8.1. MS ran well and I can see this as a good interim solution until Mike releases a proper Windows version of MS.

Having said that, with all the emulators that are starting to appear, I'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth the coding and debugging effort?

Thanks for recommendation for DuOS. I was able to use that program to download MobileSheets onto my Surface Pro 3. But looks as though I'll still have to have MobileSheets Companion app on a separate PC to restore my backup file. Couldn't "connect" "tablet" to "PC" when it was just 2 parts of same computer. I could open MS Companion in normal PC mode and open MS in DuOS and click on the PC icon and got a connect screen on the PC side but then nothing. Guessing because I had to USB or WiFi from one to the other & I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Mike, I'm thinking that DuOS app would keep you from having to write Windows program for MS. Guessing that it would be much easier to add a option to import pdfs within MS without having to import into MS Companion and then sync the 2 programs.

After I initially started this thread and got Mike's response that it would be some months, I gave in and bought MusicReader. Because MobileSheets converts pdf files to its format & I hadn't saved a separate file of all the pdfs as I scanned them, I wound up rescanning 100+ pieces. I didn't want to carry around a Windows tablet and an Android tablet.
(12-25-2014, 08:14 PM)katewickham Wrote: Thanks for recommendation for DuOS. I was able to use that program to download MobileSheets onto my Surface Pro 3. But looks as though I'll still have to have MobileSheets Companion app on a separate PC to restore my backup file. Couldn't "connect" "tablet" to "PC" when it was just 2 parts of same computer. I could open MS Companion in normal PC mode and open MS in DuOS and click on the PC icon and got a connect screen on the PC side but then nothing. Guessing because I had to USB or WiFi from one to the other & I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Mike, I'm thinking that DuOS app would keep you from having to write Windows program for MS. Guessing that it would be much easier to add a option to import pdfs within MS without having to import into MS Companion and then sync the 2 programs.

After I initially started this thread and got Mike's response that it would be some months, I gave in and bought MusicReader. Because MobileSheets converts pdf files to its format & I hadn't saved a separate file of all the pdfs as I scanned them, I wound up rescanning 100+ pieces. I didn't want to carry around a Windows tablet and an Android tablet.

It may help to know that MobileSheets reads/uses pdf's and jpgs. You can use 'batch import > 'Dropbox' to load them.

In case you don't know the steps;
1. Upper right, downward pointing triangle is the batch import.
2. Top of popup is 'Import directories, select xxxxx', click the 'folder' icon.
3. Upper right, 2nd icon from left is the Dropbox selection. Be sure you are connected to the 'net. [When I did this in DuOS, it was already connected.] You will probably need to sign in to your Dropbox account, I did.

I don't know of another way to load the files using DuOS although some of the other posts imply there are other ways.

UPDATE: I did Virtualbox/MS, don't waste your time, it doesn't work. It's faster but the big negative for this combo, I can't find a way to get any songs loaded.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I hope this is not ultimately used as the substitute for a windows app; emulators always seem to run slower than and buggier than running the operating system natively on the device, and this would also greatly reduce MS accessibility and visibility for most potential MS users. Basically, I don't think there is a substitute for a native Windows 8 app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
My post is just a somewhat clumsy work around, not intended as a a substitute.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12