• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets for Windows 8 tablets
(12-27-2014, 02:29 AM)Kyle Wrote: I hope this is not ultimately used as the substitute for a windows app; emulators always seem to run slower than and buggier than running the operating system natively on the device, and this would also greatly reduce MS accessibility and visibility for most potential MS users. Basically, I don't think there is a substitute for a native Windows 8 app.

Broadly, I would agree that emulation has it's problems, however there seems to be a big demand from users to run all sorts of Android apps under Windows and I think we will probably see some significant advances in emulation.

In the meantime, MS isn't really a very demanding app in terms of resources, processing power, etc. and I think this is a case where an emulator might well be more practical than rewriting the code for Windows. For example, it runs well enough for practical use under DuOS and I expect the emulator to improve as time passes.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(12-27-2014, 04:21 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: Broadly, I would agree that emulation has it's problems, however there seems to be a big demand from users to run all sorts of Android apps under Windows and I think we will probably see some significant advances in emulation.

In the meantime, MS isn't really a very demanding app in terms of resources, processing power, etc. and I think this is a case where an emulator might well be more practical than rewriting the code for Windows. For example, it runs well enough for practical use under DuOS and I expect the emulator to improve as time passes.

For those that are switching from using MS on Android to Windows, they will most likely miss MS and search for a way to get MS on their Windows tablet. Emulation could become a good option here, no problem.
However, if someone buys a Windows tablet, and does not have any prior experience with MS, they would not know to even look for MS because it certainly would not appear on the Windows app store when they did a search. My point is that from a business standpoint it makes sense to create a dedicated Windows MS app. Especially because there is no good alternative right now; MS would pretty much have the whole Windows market to its self.

I did find something very interesting that could completely change the Windows 8 app market: http://www.androidcentral.com/microsoft-...dows-phone (I fixed the link)
I could not find any recent activity or news on that, though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
While I have enjoyed Android I am ready to move on to Windows. I picked up a very inexpensive Winbook for practically nothing and side by there is no comparison. I can run Band In A Box and when MS Pro comes out I will be set. Please make a version for Windows! Think about all the software and hardware that exists for windows.

Gman Stl,
Have no fear - I'm going to release MobileSheetsPro for Windows 8. I've already made this commitment to a lot of people. A native app is always going to be better than something through emulation, and there may be things I can take advantage of on Windows that Android doesn't support natively. Additionally, as Kyle said, I want to be able to sell MS Pro on the Windows App Store, and I based on the amount of feedback I'm getting, there is definitely enough business on the Windows side for it be worth the effort.

Thanks all,
Mike
Dear Mike,

How are things going? I use MS a lot with my SP3 throug DuOS, but the combination still turns out to be quite buggy. A native Windows app would be much better. I see the last post in this topic is from one year ago. Windows 10 is out half a year. I would really like to know if a Windows app is still on your list and if you have a time path for this.

Best wishes, Bas
I was able to install Android-x86 into my Elitepad 1000 as second OS, so now I can dual-boot to Win10 or Android (Lillipop 5.1) as I wish. Android-x86 is still in Release Candidate state, but MSpro works without any problem. I will try it ASAP at first gig to see how it runs in live performance, but it seems it can replace my Nexus 10, so I don't need it anymore, because I use it only for MSPro on Android. Because this Android doesn't run inside Win10 as DuOS, but it's native OS, it's as fast as it can be on Atom Z3795. It also support MIDI over USB unlike DuOS where I wasn't able to use MIDI at all.

But I must say installation wasn't without any problem, so if you want to try it, remember to backup everything you need! I also wans't able to make space for user data bigger than 2GB, but it's enough for my MSPro needs.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I'm still working on the Windows 10 version. I haven't been able to focus just on that though as I still am trying to enhance the Android version as well. Once I have something to show, I'll definitely create a post with more information.

Mike
Native Windows 10 version would be great, but I can live with my dual-boot setup for a while. IMHO it might be good to make a set of features most of people wants to have in android version, implement them, eliminate possible bugs form these new features and then focus on Windows 10 version.

(12-30-2015, 11:31 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm still working on the Windows 10 version. I haven't been able to focus just on that though as I still am trying to enhance the Android version as well. Once I have something to show, I'll definitely create a post with more information.

Mike

Thank you, I will be patient.  Undecided 
Meanwhile I conducted two choral concerts fom my SP3 with MS-Duos setup. BT pedal worked, only needed to restart once...
I've tried to use MSPro on my Surface Pro4 with Windows 10 and AMIDuoS.
It works perfect but not the pen.

Are there any hints?

@NeoCZ: Does the pen work on Android-x86?
I haven't try Android-x86 on my SP4 yet so I can't say whether it works or not.

(01-29-2016, 11:45 PM)DirtyHarry Wrote: I've tried to use MSPro on my Surface Pro4 with Windows 10 and AMIDuoS.
It works perfect but not the pen.

Are there any hints?

@NeoCZ: Does the pen work on Android-x86?

Pen works really fine on SP3 with Windows 10 and DuOS.
(02-02-2016, 09:23 AM)Barotti Wrote: Pen works really fine on SP3 with Windows 10 and DuOS.

And it works not only as a pointing device but as a pen for writing annotations in MSPro?

I think there shouldn't be any differences between SP3's pen and SP4's.

Barotti, how did you do that?
Any special driver installations?
I just tried it, SP4, AMIDuOS, MS pro, pen. It works for annotations. Check your finger works in MS with highlighting, pen, eraser tool first. Then I used the pen to tap and do the same. I have not touched any MS settings (they are at default).

I presume your pen works as it should. I have not set up any of the pen settings (there is a confusing number of them scattered all about unfortunately) so if you have not changed anything there, it should work.
If you need to check your pen sensitivity, it is hidden in All Apps>Surface. (If you run a search related to Pen, it does not seem to list this.) However I assume your pen works in all normal respects in the Windows environment.
Mike, if you are working on the Windows version, adding support for the pen eraser, and an option of its button changing to eraser (or optionally another tool) would be useful. Perhaps with a few of us having Surfaci [sic]  Smile you could create a Windows forum so we can start ideas. Maybe even an Android emulation sub-forum?